Thread: NLA

I just wanted to tell everyone that it has been a long time coming, and I am proud to say that Kiely, Hines & Associates and I am finally members of the NLA!

Phil

Great. Now maybe you guys can work with the NLA to provide the number one need of its members per polling data for numerous years.

Low Cost Commercial Insurance
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Thats what I am here to do. I am your employee, I work for the client as their personal risk management program administrator. And the cool thing is...you don't have to pay me a salary.

Member Limo Padawan

Originally posted by gunny:
    Great. Now maybe you guys can work with the NLA to provide the number one need of its members per polling data for numerous years.

Low Cost Commercial Insurance
    Easier said than done. It all boils down to industry claims. Actuaries look at stats. They don't care if you are a member of any group.

Remember the NLA Certification Program about seven years ago. This program brought out a lot of negative responses from members and even thou my company was one of the charter members, it didn't save me a dime with our insurance costs.

Some members run great operations with good training programs and good equipment. Others run lousy programs. I thought about installing "Drive Cams" in my vehicles, but was told by my agent it wouldn't make a difference in the quote. I am not against the cams, in fact I will probably install them anyway to help my drivers be more alert on the road.

I am sorry to say Gunny, but when it comes to "Low Cost Commercial Insurance" its every company for themselfs. Thats the way the system works, so the NLA or the Royal Order of Water Buffalos are not going to make a difference.

John,

the cams for the most part do not reduce your premiums. In some instances, you may notice a slight decrease if the insurance company allows credit for such safety devices.

Where the cams help your premium is when there is a claim. I have a few clients that have the cams installed, and if it were not for the cams, they would have been liable. The cam showed in all occurrences that the other car was clearly at fault BUT without the cam, the accidents would have held the limousine operator at fault.

The cams help by not allowing a claim to be paid by the company, therefore possibly and most likely increasing the premium.

GPS can hep as well when there is a question of speed or even a question of the location of a limousine at a certain time. I have a client that was accused of having a car involved in a hit and run accident, but with the GPS installed in the units, they were able to prove that non of their units were in the area at the time.

There are a lot of mitigating devices, products, and procedures that companies can implement.

But regardless, I just wanted to let you all know that I am now a member of the NLA. We can talk about insurance all day long and it is never going to really change much. Certain regions are going to pay more than others.

Phil