Thread: GCLA UPDATE

A regular meeting of the GCLA was held last night and we were graced with the presence of Mike Biagi, director of Landside Operations at LAX along with members of the LAX Police. What a can of worms they opened by opening up themselves to Q & A.

They actually unveiled plans to "improve" LAX holding lot by adding a second toll booth which will be automated. How this helps, I have no idea as the only thing it eliminates is the exchange of cash. The line will remain the same. The membership admonished them for not using the 80's technology AVI system in all airport cars as they also told plans of beginning to charge operators who bypass the toll booth and were documented by the AVI system. The premise being, if they can send us a violation in the mail based on AVI data, why not just bill us monthly for airport usage and eliminate the entire toll booth situation.

Discussion also included loading/unloading in the second lane and why sometimes it is allowed and sometimes we are ticketed for doing such.

It was interesting to say the least.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Junior Member Limo Padawan

Doesnt the Golden Gate Bridge have some sort of that system on it? My friends who commute into Firsco have some little box and diffrent lanes so they just drive through. Tons faster when we went accross it. Wonder why they dont do that for you guys is a mystery to me.
    120" Town Car Limousine on 40" Tires
    http://www.liftedlimo.com
    Cummins 5.9 Diesel engine, tube chassis, 4-links, dana 60's, divored np205, 30 inch travel airbag suspension , 1600 RMS watts of subs, tons more stuff. Can you