Thread: Backup Camera/ GPS Navigation

I am starting a new limo company and need suggestions on a good backup camera but not too expensive. I also need some suggestions on GPS Navigation. I would like one that I can install into the cars, I dont like the ones that you can remove.

Goto:
    www.garmin.com or www.magellan.com for GPS info. Lots to choose from. I don't know if you can get permanent mount or no, but you can always use heavy duty velcro to attach it to the dash.

Wal-mart has a decent wireless back up camera system for around $100. I use one, works good. Higher quality ones will have to be installed.

Good luck! Welcome to the forum!!

I need to warn you about the wireless camera system that walmart sells. I bought one and had to return it. There were several problems with it. We put it on a hummer limo, and because its wireless and it was farther than a standard car, the signal was choppy. 2nd drivers would complain as they drove through the cities they would pick up other signals of other cameras. One driver said he picked up somebody else's camera for 30 minutes while driving one time.

On ebay they sell wired systems which are better, have bigger screens, and for about the same money, you run the wire under the car or through the interior. This way you dont get choppy signal, and you dont pickup other signals either. One thing to note, is no matter what camera you get make sure the camera is securly sealed, we have one that got water in it and seems to not want to work all the time now.

About GPS just get something like the garmin c330, we have a bunch of them for drivers. You can find them for around $175. Theyre portable and stick on the windshield. If you get one that goes in the dash it will be much more expensive and then have to pay expensive installation. Cost could be $1000, you could get 6 of the Garmins for that price. Plus then you cant move it from car to car if its hardwired in.
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: Party Bus for sale www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities inbetween - over 14,000+ customers and counting!

Why do you need a camera in the limo. I am planning to start a limo business

Camera is to help backing up large vehicles. Yes, some have interior ones, but I'd advise against it.

Originally posted by Ankur:
    Why do you need a camera in the limo. I am planning to start a limo business

WHY NOT buy a GPS with backup camera system built-in, so you will only have one monitor, doing both jobs.

Please check the links below.

http://www.4ucam.com/index.html#GPS
    or
    http://www.4ucam.com/GPS-Wireless-Backup-Camera-Monitor...7PC-Rearview-IR.html

The round wireless cam has good signal upto 30 feet, and designed for RV and long truck.

Joe

Originally posted by Carrington Limo:
    I am starting a new limo company and need suggestions on a good backup camera but not too expensive. I also need some suggestions on GPS Navigation. I would like one that I can install into the cars, I dont like the ones that you can remove.
    Like I said in the other camera thread, I prefer the back up sensors to a camera. Sometimes it is hard to recognize a hazard from a camera system and you need to keep looking at the screen. With sensors, you are free to look at the mirrors and if something or someone unexpectingly appears in your path, you hear beeping and stop.

As far a GPS systems, I love my Garmin. One of the best things that happened was when it stopped working. It was a 5 month old refurbushed unit, so I was mad at first. But I called their customer service and they told me it was either the cradle or the charger. I never even filled out the warranty card, but they sent me both items for free and that solved the problem. Outstanding customer service.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

The best camera that I have ever used and seen is at this link

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=JK-119T&cm_mmc=...ccessories-_-JK-119T

They are out of stock on it all the time. Its a hot item. If you can find the same one you are in a good shape. I have few of these on my limo installed outside in the back and used as interior cameras as well.

That is so far the best interior camera I ever used. And it can be tilted. Out SUVs have one on each end of vehicle inside. It has a VERY wide viewing angle. I love it. Our drivers love it.

I think GOYO makes it. I also have a spare one that is wireless. Pefect for stretch limos because you dont have to run a wire. Spare one is made by GOYO.
    --------------------------------

Originally posted by Blue Diamond:
    ... for GPS info. Lots to choose from...Wal-mart has a decent wireless back up camera system for around $100. I use one, works good. Higher quality ones will have to be installed...!!
    WHY NOT buy a GPS with backup camera system built-in, so you will only have one monitor, doing both jobs.

Please check the links below.

http://www.4ucam.com/index.html#GPS
    or
    http://www.4ucam.com/GPS-Wireless-Ba...arview-IR.html

The round wireless cam has good signal upto 30 feet, and designed for RV and long truck.

4ucam-
    We got your sales pitch, now please KNOCK IT OFF. This is a discussion forum, not a captive market for you to work (overwork). If you have something useful to contribute, we will be all ears. We are not on this Forum to be sold by you or anyone else.
    Marc Rold
    Wild Horse Limousine
    www.wildhorselimo.com

Ditto......
    --------------------------------