Thread: Davacord VoiceLogger

For those who haven't invested in a phone voice recording system yet, I'd say it was one of the best investments we have made since starting out business 3.5 years ago. The ability to play back calls for yourself or a customer is essential - you'll wonder how you ever lived without it. Davacords full set of features including the management software and the ability to email recordings is one of the best out there:

Davacord
    Tony Franzetti
    Marriton Limousine, Austin, TX
    Austin Limousine service, Austin airport service, austin bus charters
    http://www.marritonlimo.com

AMEN! I've been saying this since the late 90's. No more "you said" or "you didn't tell us" or other random customer lies to escape paying full-fare and/or following policy.
    The Redondo Beach School of Numbers
    A graduate with full honors ...

How much Tony?
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Price is dependent on the number of user licenses and which extra features you want.

Budget about $6000-$7000K for a full featured system for 4 phones.
    Tony Franzetti

Yikes! I have 10 phones. I have seven people on phones. Does that mean I need to budget about double. Do all phones have to be included? We have a "guest" phone in our lobby, a phone in the kitchen and yes, I even have a phone in my private "throne". While I would seldom take a business call in that room, it has happened.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator

Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Jim:

I only put the phones in our Call Center on the Davacord system. Phones for the breakroom, accounting, sales, owner, etc do not need to be recorded unless you want to pay the extra $$$. You tie in the Davacord system to the lines you want via the punch down block where your phone system is installed.

The cost to add additional seats (licenses) is about $450 each if you purchase all the advanced software features for each seat.
    Tony Franzetti

Junior Member Limo Padawan

Voicelogger and Drivecam are a MUST. We have both and I also have NAVTRAK installed in my vehicles so that I can tell with one click where my fleet is.

I'm going to give it a try. You are right Matt, DriveCam and GPS have become standard equipment in the industry. They are both great tools and completely worth their cost. I guess I have been lucky in our 16 years that we have had very few instances where I wished I had a tape of the call. But, I imagine it is just the one you really, really need that will justify the high cost of the system.

Hey Tony,

Did you shop around to find this specific brand or did you get marketing info from them. I don't want to reinvent the wheel and you know I totally trust your judgement so if you shopped and that was the best price/features etc., I won't waste my time doing homework on it.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator

Bakersfield, CA

Jim:

I did do some research before I bought it. Davacord/Voicelogger was the only one I could find that offered the Quality Assurance package, which was important to me.

There are some less expensive options which just record calls, but this one seemed the best choice for features vs cost.

A Google or Yahoo search for "Voice Logging System" will yield several competitors if you want to compare.
    Tony Franzetti