Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Livery Coach - the best in the industry (seriously)

Commonwealth Limo Boston went live on Livery Coach on April 15, 2002. To date, we have processed over 27,000 reservations and the software has been sensational. Every other developer will tell you they have the best software and service. Dennis Adams and An Vo have set the new standard for functionality, reliability and SERVICE, SERVICE, SERVICE. Last night, I called Dennis at 6:15 PM to tell him that a report I was printing was ordered on invoice number and I needed it ordered by date/time. One minute later, he called me back to see how I liked it now!!! I ran the report and it was reconfigured just like I wanted it. This is indicative of the support I have received from Livery Coach from the beginning. Whenever you call, someone answers the phone and if they can't answer your question, they get someone on the phone who can. Best of all, the only time you will need to call is to ask questions about how to use software, because when you turn it on, it stays running forever. If you have good hardware, it just stays on and runs like a clock. No corruptions or database bull or error messages. Just a seamless program. Plus the variety of modules available are sensational. Verisign makes credit card processing a thing of the past. On line reservations with Saturn or the Livery Coach web page are phenomenal. I could go on and on. Buy it, you'll love it. By the way, Limo Magic and C.A.R.S. were the industry standard in the days of DOS and Novell which is why so many large limo companies use them. Livery Coach is the software of the 21st century, not the 20th century.

with what we hear about Livery Coach and Dennis' commitment to it.

On another subject, some of members who have been posting about limousine rates need to click through to Commonwealth's web site and click on the Town Car icon for "rates." This is what the limousine business is all about.

http://www.commonwealthlimo.com/

James H. Joseph
    Pegasus Chauffeured Motor Cars
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    jhj@pegasus-pittsburgh.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JHJ:

On another subject, some of members who have been posting about limousine rates need to click through to Commonwealth's web site and click on the Town Car icon for "rates." This is what the limousine business is all about.

James H. Joseph
    _Pegasus Chauffeured Motor Cars_
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    jhj@pegasus-pittsburgh.com)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very nice, although I think a $200.00 surcharge for early AM is extreme.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greg@GNS:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JHJ:

I just saw what your talking about Greg. I hope it's typo and he means $20.00 surcharge for AM pickups.

James H. Joseph
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Very nice, although I think a $200.00 surcharge for early AM is extreme.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wade Randolph

James H. Joseph
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

WOOHOO! Logan Airport to Jamaica only $80!!! LET'S GO!!!

(Yes, I know which Jamaica he refers to...)

Livery Coach Software has covered bases I never knew existed. This program has changed the way we do business.

In the limousine industry you can ask 5 operators how they do the same thing and you’ll get 30 different answers. I have one of the most complex chauffeur pay systems in the business. Long ago I thought to myself, “If AT&T raises long distance rates, do their employees get a passive raise? NO, then why should my chauffeurs!” I have a detailed chauffeur training program and as the chauffeurs move through the program, they move up the compensation schedule. How novel for a limousine company to reward the chauffeur based on knowledge and achievement. My system left Dennis scratching his head in wonder. An, (Livery Coach Programmer’s name is An Vo) on the other hand, had a solution within 72 hours of review of the program. These guys complement each other unspeakably well.

My driver pay system was not the first time they faced an uncommon business practice. When I was in the initial set-up phase I found idea after idea from operators around the country that had been written into the system. I thought the limo forum was a good source of information and it is. Livery Coach still leaves me awestruck. At every turn there is an opportunity to reexamine the way we do business and consider other ideas or methods.

Program integration with Livery is almost unbelievable. Accounting (Peach Tree and Quick Books), OAG flight schedule, Flight-view real-time flight information, MS Map Point, MS Outlook, IC Verify, Genesis/Saturn reservation system, Air-link GPS and Hotel Link (and probably more I don’t have yet). The Livery to Livery module enables you to book trips in your system for out of town network trips and they will post right in your affiliate’s Livery system as if it was right there in your office.

The support we’ve had during the set-up phase has been like nothing I’ve ever experienced. We must have called them at least 200 times in 30 days. We were never put off, not once, nor did we have to leave a voice mail - ever. Additionally I would get a call from Dennis or An 3 or 4 times a week to tell me where we were going wrong and what to do to correct it. It was like having the teacher looking over our shoulder, it was very reassuring. When it came time to ‘go live’ I was discussing my concerns with Jack at Livery with regard to dispatching. He came here for two days to hold the hand of the dispatch crew, again, very reassuring.

We’ve now been live for 4 days. Hardly long enough to form an opinion in one respect but long enough to have a feeling of security in that we A) Have the system set up correctly. B) We have the support necessary to run this program flawlessly, and C) we did a good thing for our business by installing the ‘Cadillac’ of limousine software.

While I was walking the Show floor in Atlantic City I noticed how slow it was at the booths, in general. As I passed each one there was an average of 3 people per booth. At the Livery booth, the least I counted was 7.

I’ve been working on setting up a national affiliate network in recent weeks. The more I talk to people around the country, the more I find that mid-size companies are either already on the system or installing it soon.

Livery Coach is the Limousine software of the new millennium. If your company does in excess of one million dollars revenue per year, you need to have it.

Matt Harrison
    AAA Guaranteed On-Time Limousine, Clinton NJ

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LA Limousines (David):

James H. Joseph
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

WOOHOO! Logan Airport to Jamaica only $80!!! LET'S GO!!!

(Yes, I know which Jamaica he refers to...)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my youth it was refered to as Jamaica Spain, for obvious reasons.

Isn't it great to hear POSITIVE Software stories !!!!!!!!!!!

Dean Schuler

I hear good things about Fasttrak, Limo Wiz, Livery Coach and Easy Trip. So many quality choices are available now. It all depends on what your specific needs are. My vendor is Fasttrak and we have never had such fine, accurate software and support. We found him via referral-a way that I prefer to search. Take a good look at Fasttrak before you go with anyone else. Pick the software that works for your unique operating circumstances. We have some choices now.

Dean Schuler

Just couldn't stand to see Odyssey at the top of the list.

Matt Harrison

Matt, Agree I moved too

A lot certainly happened to FASTTRAK in the last 4 years.

Thanks DEAN for your kind words.

While our goal remains to help automate the smaller user by provide affordable single-user software, our product line expanded 3 years ago to include a medium and large network product that uses Microsoft's SQL Server.

As you are aware, one of the first things Dennis did when he acquired Livery coach was to convert it to use SQL Server. I respect what Dennis has had the courage to do with that product and he has certainly done it well. I will even tell you it is the CADILLAC of the industry. I will also tell you we are the LINCOLN.

My lower pricing sometimes may lead people to think less of the product while many of my clients encourage me to raise my pricing. I believe our recurring revenue model & price point strategies will build a stronger company long-term and therefore reject their advice on that point but listen on product suggestions, of course.

Since moving my network products to run on SQL our large-end clientele are amoung the largest services in their respective states and they now constitute 45% of my biz.

This large-end clientele ranges from 1 to 10 Million in gross sales and 100 to 500 jobs per day with many of the mid-size networks close to the 1M mark.

The really good thing in all this is that the industry is doing well and has several quality software choices today - not like what I found in the late 90's when I was automating my Limo Biz.

Keep up the good work on the forum and Hats off to Dennis and yourself for an excellent choice.

Eddie

Finally folks are stepping forward to say nice things about their software. Finally the magazines can accept software advertising without worrying that yet another scam is starting.We are growing up ( finally !! ) as an Industry folks !!!!!!!

Dean Schuler

you crack me up man.
    I knew I was setting myself up with the Cadillac comment. For personel use, I love to drive a Caddy. My favorite of the cars I've owned was a 1991 Eldorado. I was speaking in that context.

Matt Harrison

Most of the inustry is composed of the one and two car operators ...up to five cars or so for many others. In an Industry of 20,000+ operators, Eddie's program is revolutionary.

Dean Schuler

I love Cad's also. Our fleet in the late 80's early 90's were Cadillac only and then Lincoln body style caught on and the pricing was more affordable for a Livery Guy also. We still taking about automobiles?

Any way I meant it and I have even said it to Dennis in Boca. His has created a product that deserves to be called a Cadillac as we generally think of that as being the biggest and best available. Lincolns follow closely though!

He and I seem to have a good relationship as when he gets an individual that thinks his software is too expensive he refers to me and when someone needs certain functions like integration with peachtree or full integration with Quickbooks I certainly point them in his direction. At least one of us makes a sale and more importantly the customer gets more closely what they are looking for in terms of the software to best meet their needs.

See ya Amigo,

Eddie