Thread: krystal bus

Default krystal bus

hey guys ,just wondering if anyone else is having or had this issue with there krystal bus. the air door used to stay closed good and tight but now when its closed u can push it open from inside and also if outside can pull it open when its supposed to be closed. sometimes even driving at 50mph or higher it starts to open. any ideas i used a bunjee cord to finish my run .

Senior Member Excalibur Limousine's Avatar

I know you have been having air problems, is your system holding adequate pressure in the tank to keep the drive engaged?
    Excalibur Limousine Service
    'Delivering on Service'

Lincoln TC Exec L
    Ford Expedition
    Lincoln TC 85" Stretch - Krystal 85R3
    Lincoln TC 120" Super Stretch - Krystal 120V5 & ECB
    Ford Excursion 140" Stretch - Krystal & ECB
    Ford E450 Limo Coach - Krystal KK28
    Ford F550 Limo Coach - Krystal KK33

Quote Originally Posted by chaddo View Post
    hey guys ,just wondering if anyone else is having or had this issue with there krystal bus. the air door used to stay closed good and tight but now when its closed u can push it open from inside and also if outside can pull it open when its supposed to be closed. sometimes even driving at 50mph or higher it starts to open. any ideas i used a bunjee cord to finish my run .
    http://www.wftv.com/news/news/mans-l...of-part/nK978/

Same problem with this comany's Krystal bus, Turned out to be a faulty worn out compressor that wasnt getting the system up to enough pressure to engage the cam lock inside the mechanism. It is super important to check all air lines with soapy water for leaks and replace compressor if faulty to avoid an accident like this one. Also the air ride suspension shares the same holding tank and compressor so if your door is not holding air neither are your airbags! System works fine when everything is air tight and working properly, when you have a leak its an accident waiting to happen.

Blog Entries

There is also a reset switch located inside the fuse panel above the drivers head. If that does not work then there could be a leak in the lines to a bad compressor. That is why I prefer a electric door.

hey guys ,well the compressor is new. everything was working good untill lately . and i know of two others with same issue . i will have to check the pressure to see how much is in there. ya i can pull it open from outside and before u would have to be a strong man to do it . also someone mentioned a reset button in fuse panel. is that for the whole door system or the comprsser . i build ai,r bags are full and compressor cuts outdoor opens and closes as it always did,just doesnt seem to have much pressure when supposed to be closed can pull or push opn

I am always amazed at the grammar in this forum. No where else do i see as many jumbled hard to read posts.
    Nick Groat
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Nick@BellaVitaLimos.com
    Bella Vita Limousines

Quote Originally Posted by cvclubs View Post
    I am always amazed at the grammar in this forum. No where else do i see as many jumbled hard to read posts.
    You forgot to capitalize "I." And it should be "nowhere." We have talked about this before and the consensus is that the posts that are extremely hard to read come from users posting via mobile devices.

Let's eat Grandma!

Let's eat, Grandma!
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

I am having the same problem with the door on my Krystal bus. Did this problem ever get resolved?

Quote Originally Posted by tschwahn View Post
    I am having the same problem with the door on my Krystal bus. Did this problem ever get resolved?
    It can be a few things as mentioned.

First is to check for leaks (around seals)

Get a new compressor

Pressure switch 80-120 psi

Its not as complicated as it seems.

(Most expensive part is a new compressor built by thomas)
    Ottawa limousine party bus coach bus services Https://www.rollingluxury.com