Thread: New guy from Philly Area

Cool New guy from Philly Area

Hello everyone, just picked up my first limo. I've always wanted one and finally had a reason to buy one. I'm not in the limo business; just wanted one as a family toy. So I went shopping, and after looking at about 10 cars, purchased a white 2003 Town Car Royale 70" stretch.

The limo had 263,000 miles when I bought her. I selected this particular limo for a few reasons. It was owned by a small company with 3 limos. It had a rebuilt transmission installed at 242,000 as well as a new intake manifold, spark plugs, new rear air shocks, and a new vinyl top installed. All of this documented with receipts. Normally the mileage would scare me but my car has never been in an accident. Every body panel (including the bumpers) still had their factory VIN tags on them. The owner of the company said his primary business was weddings and this car was too small which was the reason for selling.

So I picked up the limo and have done some cosmetic and mechanical upgrades to it. The mechanics: New exhaust manifolds, brake pads, rotors, calipers, and hoses. It runs, drives, and stops perfectly. I have an A/C issue where I need some help and I posted that in a different thread.

Cosmetically, complete interior and exterior detail, new seats for the rear, LED interior lights, new DVD player and sound system for the rear, chrome wheels, headlights, LED backup lights, LED coach lights. My car has medium light stone interior (QU) so I was able to get mint seats from the junkyard for $20 each. I was also able to get Cartier chrome wheels for $30 each at the junkyard and refinish them myself. I also grabbed a spare dash cluster and rebuilt it because mine was flickering.

Thats my story. I've owned the limo for a year now and it's been great. Look forward to hearing from everyone. I've found a lot of great info on this forum, so thanks for that. Hopefully I will be able to contribute a lot as well.

Hi, JB!
    Don't worry about the high mileage! I am going to buy my first limo soon and the odometer now just shy to 400k! 2010 Lincoln TC. Great cars ! THE BEST !!! There's no ride to compare to the ride on a car with air suspension!
    So good luck and safe ride!

It's actually kind of awesome you decided to take the chance on buying the limo and it worked out perfectly for you, well done sir well done indeed!
    Paso Limo
    Paso Robles, CA
    Paso Robles for ever
    The best Paso Robles limos
    Pasolimo.org