Thread: Is the Limo Industry dying?

Default Is the Limo Industry dying?

We've been in the limo industry for a few years now and we feel like it's greatly slowing down. We are located in the Katy area of Houston Texas. As many of you know, we recently had the Super Bowl down here. we expected a burst in business but nope. our bookings were just regular. Even our clients that we've had aren't really using our services much.

We strive to offer the best service, so us as a limo company is not the issue. There are other services like Uber that have came to the game, but we feel like Uber is totally different. We will be really focusing on our SEO services to bring in more business, but it just feels like business is slow everywhere. Other limo companies we know in the industry are slow as well, What gives?

Is it just us? Anyone else feel the same way? Sorry for the small rant.

There is plenty of business, you need to increase your online presence.

I've seen a steady decline of stretch limousine demand over the last couple years. So much so that I ended up selling my last stretch in October. Aside from a couple calls here and there, it really hasn't lead to any missed opportunities. At least for my area and demographic, the shift seems to be a high demand for party buses. I had very few inquiries last year for stretches for proms and weddings. All wanted party buses.
    Ryan Lord
    Signature Limousine Company
    New Bedford, MA
    SignatureLimo@comcast.net
    www.signaturelimocompany.com

We also have seen a steady decline over the past few years, to the point that we have not needed to add any additional vehicles. We believe that Uber and Lyft has taken a small portion of the clients, we very rarely get those people that want last minute nights out or bar hopping. They most likely use on demand rides to and from the venues rather than chartering a limo for the evening. Yes, it's a totally different experience however the customer is looking at the cost over quality. This is also true for other friend/ operators through out the Florida demographic.

I know down here in Houston there is supposed to be an app/service like Uber, but for black car services. Has anyone heard about that in your city?

I've also observed that Logan Airport in Boston recently began allowing Uber and Lyft to begin operating. Up until the last couple months, all rideshare services were prohibited to operate at the airport. But, apparently they hashed out a way for rideshare companies to apply for permits and get through the badging process. Now they clutter up the limo staging areas at each of the terminals. Since my base is about 60 miles south of Logan, it has not impacted my business model. However, companies within the city may likely be seeing a decline of airport transfers....
    Ryan Lord
    Signature Limousine Company
    New Bedford, MA
    SignatureLimo@comcast.net
    www.signaturelimocompany.com

Blog Entries

Default Uber

uber pays 80% from the ride which are $3-$20 per ride
    in Miami it is not worth doing uber with commercial vehicle because it cost $20.000 per year to get the car on the road Uber does not accept contractors who have commercial insurance and permits

Default Limos, Party Bus and Car Service

What a great discussion. Yes I think Uber's black car service has affected our car service. But there isn't a lot of money in that line of service. And yes party buses are growing in popularity. So we have added many sizes of party bus to our fleet.
    However, if you look at Google Trends data limos are searched far more than party buses. Here's Google Trends in the US over the last 5 years. Limo is in blue, Party Bus in red. It does look like limo searches are going down slightly over that time period.
    smaller-google-trends-5years-limo-vs-partybus.jpg
    Phoenix Limo Service
    Party Bus rental
    Mirage Limo
    813 N Scottsdale Rd
    Scottsdale, AZ 85257