Thread: Transit or Sprinter van?

Default Transit or Sprinter van?

This issue has not been brought up in a while so I'll stir the pot some more. I think the days of stretch limos is coming to an end. Stretch SUV's will still be in demand but I believe the stretch sedans are a dying breed. With that said, I'm looking to sell my 120" and pick up a Transit Limo or a Sprinter Limo. Trying to figure out which one would be better. I have a Transit 350 set up as a shuttle van for large parties going to the airports or cruise ports. I like the van a lot and I'm leaning towards a Transit Limo. What makes the Mercedes that much better?

So how much are you asking for that worthless 120" Not a very good sales pitch.

I wasn't going to include the sale part into this thread.

I'm running a Transit 350HD on a daily shuttle service. It does about 120 miles per day. Quality wise, I'm not impressed. I don't think it's going to make it in the long haul. The benefit of a Transit vs. Sprinter is cost; the Transit is much cheaper. The cons in my opinion is that it's not a true 15 pax. You cannot fit 4 adults comfortably in the last row. Additionally, because mine is a shuttle, I replaced the first row of 3 seats with a double seat instead for ease of egress and digress. So, I'm technically a 14 pax, even though I could really only handle 12 adults comfortably. I really need the passenger capacity AND luggage capacity for weekend airport transfers. I'm looking into a Sprinter shuttle bus from Royale Limousine. It's just a lot more $$$$!!!
    Ryan Lord
    Signature Limousine Company
    New Bedford, MA
    SignatureLimo@comcast.net
    www.signaturelimocompany.com

I don't think stretch limos are dead. I make money with mine every week. They are not very good airport shuttle vehicles though.

I agree they are not good for airport runs. They are not completely dead, Mine still goes out often enough to not be in a hurry to replace it immediately. I just see it going that way. Thank you for the information pertaining to the Transit vs Sprinter.

We have a 2012 Sprinter 3500 in our fleet (battisti customs) 15 passenger limo bus, we love the reliability of this vehicle! it has 82k miles on it now still gets 24 mpg. cant beat that...

I looked at those Battisti Customs builds. That is a beautiful set up. Thanks for the input.

Default ECB Sprinter

Quote Originally Posted by L3limoFL View Post
    We have a 2012 Sprinter 3500 in our fleet (battisti customs) 15 passenger limo bus, we love the reliability of this vehicle! it has 82k miles on it now still gets 24 mpg. cant beat that...
    We will be taking delivery of our first Sprinter next week. ECB Limo version 3500. I have owned a few stretches from ECB and always been happy with the service as well as the quality of their build. As far as Sprinter versus transit, I think it's a no brainer. The Sprinter has a great rep, and I think if I was the one wanting to rent that type of vehicle, I would hands down choose a Mercedes over a Ford. Mercedes just sounds classier.
    Dan Repass
    Celebrity & BOSS Limousine
    Lexington, KY
    859-255-LIMO
    www.255LIMO.COM