Thread: SUV: Suburban Vs Ford Expedition EL

Default SUV: Suburban Vs Ford Expedition EL

Hi there,
    So I need to get a new SUV next month or so. I find the new navigators are too expensive, and so is the Escalade. I am down to two options, and I was wondering what would be your suggestion.

I need to get a pre-owned SUV with less than 50k miles on it. Somewhere between 2014-2016 and my budget is around 30-33k. I have always owned Ford and Lincoln vehicles which are cheaper and easier to maintain. On the other hand, Suburban looks great but I hear a lot of folks complaining on the maintenance issuesso which one should I get?

Any ideas or suggestions or comments would be great.

many thanks in advance.
    ~Dee

Ford. Definitely Ford.

Our 2013 suburban got 110k miles on it now, no major issues so far....

Quote Originally Posted by PartyBusDetroitMetro.com View Post
    Ford for sure
    Thanks. I am leaning towards 2013 Lincoln Navigator L. It goes around $30k with around 40-50k miles on it. I just don't have the money to buy a brand new one.
    But Suburban also seem to hold well it looks like.

~Dee

Banned

I personally like the Suburban... not a big fan of the Ford Expedition.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Limo View Post
    I personally like the Suburban... not a big fan of the Ford Expedition.
    I love the way Suburban looks, but every time I go to our mechanic's shop in Newark where all limo owners are bringing their cars, I see major work done on Suburbans. All of them are crying on how much they are spending, how expensive the parts are etc...

After seeing the Navigator, I prefer the Navigator than the Expedition. Now just hunting the right one...

~Dee

Blog Entries

We have operated an Escalade ESV for a few years. Replaced all four outside door handles, Two rear lift hatch motors. Stereo blinks and all you have is the Cadillac Logo on the screen. High cost vehicle to maintain. The problem is that the Cadillac is the most requested vehicle.

Billy Bob

O'd go for the Suburban. It has more of a luxurious presence over the Expedition IMO. Maybe because it looks bigger? The front end looks more boxy.

Quote Originally Posted by KatyLimo View Post
    O'd go for the Suburban. It has more of a luxurious presence over the Expedition IMO. Maybe because it looks bigger? The front end looks more boxy.
    Yes, the looks are better in Suburban for sure. I ended up buying a 2014 Lincoln Navigator L with 62k miles on it; still under some factory warranty. I really love the way this SUV drives. It nearly drives as smooth as the mighty town car.

I think I will buy another Navigator in about a year or so. I want to keep 2 SUV, and upgrade Sedan clients to Navigator every now and then. Clients are really compliment a great deal on this vehicle.

~Dee

Oh okay, I didn't see the date on the thread haha. Nice!

I've always had Ford / Lincoln vehicles also. 2 weeks ago I found a '13 Suburban. My mechanic talked into it because they are, in his opinion, much more reliable. I have to say, I really like the way it rides. 20 mpg on the highway was better then my older Navigator. Very comfortable, you and your clients won't be disappointed.