Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Detroit Super Bowl

I was at the GLLA meeting last night. David Sucha from MDOT was in attendance and told us that MDOT will make every effort to make the inspection and licenseing of additional vehicles as painless as possible but urged every one to not drag their feet. David also told us that if you don't follow the proper procedures for security, your clients may have to walk miles in the Michigan winter weather to get to Ford Field.

MDOT and GLLA are spearheading the effort to work with the security people to make things smooth for the Limousine industry. If you have any questions, I suggest you contact MDOT or the GLLA or it could be a real desaster for you and your clients during Super Bowl.
    David E. Merrill

David, Please keep us updated.
    Dean Schuler

Any one interested in information on the Super Bowl should attend Michigan Limo Fest at the Novi Expo Center on Aug. 24th. MDOT the Super Bowl Host Commettee and many others will be there to answer your questions. If you are not in the "Loop" your Clients may end up walking a couple of miles down Woodward Ave in the middle of a Detroit winter Day. Not a pleasant thought. Log on to the Great Lakes Limousine Association web site for information.
    David E. Merrill

David, Anything new ?
    Dean Schuler

All I can say at this point is attend Limo Fest at the Novi Expo center on 24 AUG 05 or contact the GLLA. All of the BIG PLAYERS will be there to answer any questions.
    David E. Merrill

David, Any updates to report ?
    Dean Schuler

Nothing new at this time, all important information will be posted on the GLLA web site. As I said before, it would be a good idea to contact the GLLA to "get in the Loop" other wise, your clients may have a long cold walk down Woodward ave.
    David E. Merrill

David,

What exactly do out of state limo operators need to do for superbowl weekend services? Thank you in advance.
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities in between - over 15,000+ customers and counting!

Contact the GLLA at http://.www.glla.org They will give you all the information you need.
    David E. Merrill

I bet Limo Bob plans a big presence.
    Dean Schuler

It looks like he will have to do it about 10 blocks away from Ford Field.
    David E. Merrill

David,

We're from ohio 2 and a half hours away. They want us to take every vehicle there to get inspected even though we've already passed inspection in ohio? Every vehicle! This is one weekend... Do you know the cost and time associated with having a driver for each vehicle taking every vehicle there and back just for an inspection for one weekend? This is redicilous.
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities in between - over 15,000+ customers and counting!

First Class: Contact David Sucha at MDOT. I think that Federal law applies here but check with him. David is very willing to make this thing happen as flawlesly as posible.

I think what they are talking about here is the locals who are renting cars for the event need to have them inspected and approved. Belle Tire, in co operation with the GLLA is setting up a tempoary inspection Station near DTW to help accomplish this task.

You night also contact the GLLA at GLLA.org and check out the current events page or contact Rick the Pres.
    David E. Merrill

Senior Member Limo Padawan

First Class limos you can either do things legally or illegally.

Yes you do need to come and get your state certification in order to do business and pick up clients in the state of Michigan.

Just as I would have to do the same process in Ohio if the circumstances were turned around.

There should be zero complaining about this process. Carey has scheduled 400 vehicles from outside of the state to be inspected properly insured and stickered. It is simply the cost of doing business. You have to spend a little money in order to make a LOT of money.

FYI the radius around superbowl will be patrolled by authorities by the state which will only be out to enforce the limo law. I have been told that funds have been allocated by the state for this enforcement. Vehicles without a state sticker will be turned away and not allowed in the "zone". In other words if you want to get within a mile and a half GET LICENSED!!! Also access to the limo staging area will only be allowed access to legally licensed companies.

Originally posted by nkokas:
    First Class limos you can either do things legally or illegally.

Yes you do need to come and get your state certification in order to do business and pick up clients in the state of Michigan.

Just as I would have to do the same process in Ohio if the circumstances were turned around.

There should be zero complaining about this process. Carey has scheduled 400 vehicles from outside of the state to be inspected properly insured and stickered. It is simply the cost of doing business. You have to spend a little money in order to make a LOT of money.

FYI the radius around superbowl will be patrolled by authorities by the state which will only be out to enforce the limo law. I have been told that funds have been allocated by the state for this enforcement. Vehicles without a state sticker will be turned away and not allowed in the "zone". In other words if you want to get within a mile and a half GET LICENSED!!! Also access to the limo staging area will only be allowed access to legally licensed companies.
    I have no intention of coming to Michigan but if an operator has the proper federal highway license they can pickup or dropoff in Michigan. If they are arrested or prevented from doing an interstate trip then Michigan is breaking the law. State law cannot supercede federal law.