Thread: Vinyl Top Repair on Limo - Any Suggestions?

Default Vinyl Top Repair on Limo - Any Suggestions?

We have an older 2000 Caddy Short Stretch we use for Airport trips. Can't seem to part with it.. still looks good with the exception of the Top! One of my drivers decided to clean the ice off with a shovel and created about 40 tiny divet tears. A new roof is about $1800 but I want to repair myself.
    How can I seal the tiny tears and the use some sort of vinyl spray to repaint?
    The car is listed on our website at www.PreferredLimo.net... if u go to fleet you will see it.

Any suggestions?

Hi John,
    Russ at RWI limo repair put a roof on my limo a few years back, he did the same to another affiliate of mine and it cost $1800. Before this friend of mine, an affiliate, he tried so many different option and nothing worked. He tried fixing it, painting it, taking out and painting the metal, much more. All options looked horrible. In my opinion, if the limo is still in great condition, $1800 is not bad to get it done right, when you sell the limo, you have better chance of selling it after a few years when that happens.

Stop by some times if you can, we are located here in Edison NJ.

~Dee
    1-732-791-2540.

Blog Entries

The question is my friend, is your 2000 Caddy worth $1800.00 to you? Because at this point this vehicle that you are attached to has now become your Quote Quote HOT ROD....and every builder of just about every HOT ROD knows you ain't never getting back what you are putting in. If you Love it and again very important((((IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT)))) then do it or just send her down the road, but understand you are either in the Limousine Business or your a Limousine Collector,,,,I just happen to be both I love the old ones and I always will. Do what makes you Happy Brother Do what makes YOU Happy
    Badger State Limousine Service
    "When nothing less than perfection will do"
    (414)-GO-GO-RED (414)-464-6733
    www. BADGERSTATELIMO.com

http://www.Badgerstatelimo.com
    http://www.MILWAUKEEWISCONSINLIMO.com

Quote Originally Posted by MrQ45Limo View Post
    The question is my friend, is your 2000 Caddy worth $1800.00 to you? Because at this point this vehicle that you are attached to has now become your Quote Quote HOT ROD....and every builder of just about every HOT ROD knows you ain't never getting back what you are putting in. If you Love it and again very important((((IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT)))) then do it or just send her down the road, but understand you are either in the Limousine Business or your a Limousine Collector,,,,I just happen to be both I love the old ones and I always will. Do what makes you Happy Brother Do what makes YOU Happy
    Nice post. I know I have struggled with getting rid of a little older cars, but they were low mileage and in A grade condition, regardless, I needed to change them at some point, and it just hurts to get rid of them at market price. But yes, we are in business and there is no reason to get too much emotional about such.

I have a 1999 Lincoln Town Car 8 passenger stretch with a vinyl top with a few dings in it but I still make money with it every week. No one has ever complained about the vinyl top so if it ain't broke, don't fix it! But if it makes a difference to your clients, then do what you have to do.