Thread: Party bus insurance

Default Party bus insurance

Hi there,
    I was shopping around for a 24 pax party bus insurance in 2010-2011 and I got a quote between 7-8k per bus. I just thought of finally getting the first 24 passenger bus and the price quote I received was 13-15k. I was like, wow, I am not even sure if it is even profitable to get a party bus at that rate of insurance. My insurance agent told me that insurance companies don't like to see peripheral seating.

May be this is because operating area is in NJ or NYC. What do you guys pay for such insurance, just a ball park.

~Dee
    Last edited by bluelimos; October 17th, 2016 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bluelimos View Post
    Hi there,
    I was shopping around for a 24 pax party bus insurance in 2010-2011 and I got a quote between 7-8k per bus. I just thought of finally getting the first 24 passenger bus and the price quote I received was 13-15k. I was like, wow, I am not even sure if it is even profitable to get a party bus at that rate of insurance. My insurance agent told me that insurance companies don't like to see peripheral seating.

May be this is because operating area is in NJ or NYC. What do you guys pay for such insurance, just a ball park.

~Dee
    If you was an insurer would you want to insure a "Party Bus"? Run the insurance as a "charter bus" because when you get right down to it that's what you are doing, chartering the bus to a group for a specific date and a specific time for a specific amount of time at an agreed upon price whereas no one else has access to the use of the vehicle.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Blog Entries

Party Busses?

R. I. P.

2017 will be the last year for our Limo Bus. The idiots running some of these have priced this vehicle out of business.

The insurance company will send an agent to inspect the vehicle, and then they will determine the premium, this is what they told me. Also, if there are poles in the bus, then the premium is higher. I am like, WTF... My other agent who is a friend, told me don't get in to it, I will not be able to get insurance down the road and I will have to either sell the bus, or operate it illegally as personal vehicle; I can't do both.

Not to mention, our loss run has been zero for last 4 years, and our insurance on sedans, SUV went up 14 %, leaving very little room for profit.

I thought it was enough, but its not yet...

~Dee

Quote Originally Posted by bluelimos View Post
    The insurance company will send an agent to inspect the vehicle, and then they will determine the premium, this is what they told me. Also, if there are poles in the bus, then the premium is higher. I am like, WTF... My other agent who is a friend, told me don't get in to it, I will not be able to get insurance down the road and I will have to either sell the bus, or operate it illegally as personal vehicle; I can't do both.

Not to mention, our loss run has been zero for last 4 years, and our insurance on sedans, SUV went up 14 %, leaving very little room for profit.

I thought it was enough, but its not yet...

~Dee
    Try GEICO Commercial and get a quote for "charter only". I saved about 50% on my 15pax van.

Also, set up two different operations. 1 for the limos and one as a charter bus operation. 2 different insurance policies.
    Last edited by gunny; October 18th, 2016 at 12:43 PM.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Thanks Gunny, I tried them. They don't write anything in NJ and NY area. They will write in the areas where not much risk is involved.