Thread: 1999 lincoln towncar starting issues

Hybrid View

Question 1999 lincoln towncar starting issues

fuel pump replaced checked fuses and relays
    my dash isnt showing the mileage on the odometer
    i left the key in the forward position for about 10 minutes and the car door was open i heard the door chime i looked on dash and the odometer was showing the mileage so i turned it on started it and drove it around the block while driving the mileage would zero out 0000000 but it was still running until i turned the vehicle off now it wont start and i cant get the odometer to show the mileage again seems like if the dash is showing the mileage it will start if its 000000 its a no start condition cranks but doesnt start
    any help would greatly appreciated im a first time limousine owner it has been a project for me bought it knowing it needed a water pump replaced that and the fuel pump checked relays and fuses now im stuck confused
    computer? pcm?

No one uses this site anymore?

Senior Member Excalibur Limousine's Avatar

I am leaning towards your computer. Reason being is that it also controls the odometer output. Find yourself a wrecking yard or be prepared for the cost of a new one, if they are still available.
    Excalibur Limousine Service
    'Delivering on Service'

Lincoln TC Exec L
    Ford Expedition
    Lincoln TC 85" Stretch - Krystal 85R3
    Lincoln TC 120" Super Stretch - Krystal 120V5 & ECB
    Ford Excursion 140" Stretch - Krystal & ECB
    Ford E450 Limo Coach - Krystal KK28
    Ford F550 Limo Coach - Krystal KK33

Quote Originally Posted by DjSwift1 View Post
    fuel pump replaced checked fuses and relays
    my dash isnt showing the mileage on the odometer
    i left the key in the forward position for about 10 minutes and the car door was open i heard the door chime i looked on dash and the odometer was showing the mileage so i turned it on started it and drove it around the block while driving the mileage would zero out 0000000 but it was still running until i turned the vehicle off now it wont start and i cant get the odometer to show the mileage again seems like if the dash is showing the mileage it will start if its 000000 its a no start condition cranks but doesnt start
    any help would greatly appreciated im a first time limousine owner it has been a project for me bought it knowing it needed a water pump replaced that and the fuel pump checked relays and fuses now im stuck confused
    computer? pcm?
    I have a PCM for a 1999 TC but there were several different models for the TC. If you pull your PCM (drivers side under the dash) and give me the part number, I'll see if they match up.

New update I got it running the drivers side door module was bad so I disconnected it now the odometer works and the car started do you know what the drivers side door module controls ?

Maybe window switches, power seat controls, lighting. Just to be safe you may want to make sure your brake lights work, manufacturers can put some things in weird places and I can't remember exactly what that module controls.
    Andy
    937-620-9120
    937-524-5899 (office)
    Dunlap Limousine, LLC
    http://www.dunlaplimo.com

That car should be retired, just a friendly suggestion.

Ok, so a Lincoln town car limo should have everything similar to a regular town car sedan no? I'd definitely check on Lincoln car forums.