Thread: Refrigerant quantity for my 2001 cadillac deville limo

Default Refrigerant quantity for my 2001 cadillac deville limo

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I have a 2001 Cadillac Deville limo to which I have completely rebuilt the engine, even fixed the famous head gasket problem due to factory cylinder head bolts, replaced by studs. Now I have another problem, I do not know what the amount of refrigerant for the A/C is, is there anyone who can tell me how to find out how much I have to charge the A/C?

Thanks in advance

Who is the coach builder? How long is the stretch? Single compressor or dual?
    Andy
    937-620-9120
    937-524-5899 (office)
    Dunlap Limousine, LLC
    http://www.dunlaplimo.com

Google "ac pressure chart". Low pressure is approx. 1/2 outdoor temperature, high pressure is approx. 2 1/2 times outdoor temperature. Any good AC guy will have a chart.

Quote Originally Posted by Party Bus Andy View Post
    Who is the coach builder? How long is the stretch? Single compressor or dual?
    <br>
    <br>Hello,<br>
    <br>Thanks for your help. How do I know who the coach builder is? As far as I have seen there is only one compressor in my engine. I bought the car second hand with head gasket blown.

There should be a plaque somewhere on the car that identifies the builder. Maybe in a door jamb.

Quote Originally Posted by excaliberlimo View Post
    Google "ac pressure chart". Low pressure is approx. 1/2 outdoor temperature, high pressure is approx. 2 1/2 times outdoor temperature. Any good AC guy will have a chart.
    Not sure if you understood my earlier post. If you go by the pressurse you dont need to know how many pounds it takes. Much more accurate.