Thread: New Webiste Please give your views

Default New Webiste Please give your views

Hi we launched our website Mountain Limousine, your feedback is really appreciated please provide feedback.

www.mountainlimo.ca
    Mountain Limousine
    Banff, AB
    +1-587-800-3480
    Google Plus | Facebook

Just a quick list of things that really stand out to me taking a couple of minutes to look while waiting for a call. Not I work in web development work, I point out more technical to the point things, that some have complained sounds too blunt, but it is just the way I pick at a site of things that stand out. All is meant as things to look at to improve the site.

My browser blocks some content because you are calling some assets that are not via a SSL connection that the pages are actually being delivered from.
    The logos over the header image are distracting, looking too much like navigation arrows to click on to scroll something.
    The background of the header image and the other one on the home page does not match the background of the rest of the page, making a clear edges around them.
    The wall of text on the home page, really keeps me from wanting to actually reading it.
    The subheadings are too close the text above them.
    Why use a symbol of limited time (hourglass) to represent an always open status?
    Why have a dropdown menu for Wedding Packages when it is the only item under Wedding Packages?
    Book Now (grey button) off of wedding packages page gives a 404 page
    The 404 page is generic which even worse stands out as a problem
    The Book Now down in packages, I was about to leave the page thinking it was incomplete since the booking tool took so long to load.
    The wedding packages page has three images of vehicles, each that are a link, that go nowhere
    You have a Play button on your wedding packages page that does nothing
    From your wedding packages page, when the reservation system does load, it is defaulting to "From Airport" with options of "To Airport" and "Hourly Services"? Why when I just decided which one of you packages on the wedding page I want...
    The view limos page, each vehicle photo is from different angles, making them look like they all are mismatched
    The view Limos page, there is a contact us button that opens a new tab, but just opens the same page again (and the orange text is hard to read over the photo background
    Where is the stretch towncar that we are offered when booking?
    In booking, the time picker, do we really need to pick to the exact minute? In firefox the AM/PM picker isn't lined up with the other inputs
    Also in booking for when it has me pick a vehicle, the BMW photo has an all black rectangle above it...
    When booking, where does my credit card information go?Not trying to be mean, but judging from the quality of the site, not seeing clearly that my credit card info is being processed by a reputable service, I wouldn't want to submit it, especially on page that is warning me that not everything on it is secure.

Well that is it for a quick run through.

Wow! You really get those rates? I converted them to US dollars and it comes to $170 hour for the 8 pak and $200 hour for the 12 pak SUV. I'm getting half of that, think I'll move to Canada.

As for the website, looks good to me, better than most I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by excaliberlimo View Post
    Wow! You really get those rates? I converted them to US dollars and it comes to $170 hour for the 8 pak and $200 hour for the 12 pak SUV. I'm getting half of that, think I'll move to Canada.

As for the website, looks good to me, better than most I've seen.
    I was thinking the same thing. Are you really able to get those rates? I haven't seen such rates in NYC/NJ region till date. If you are able to get those rates, I suggest you buy 10 more vehicles, and lower your rates 30%, your revenue will be touching the sky if so.

If I may ask, who did your website, and how much did it cost you?
    ~Dee

Default Need an honest evaluation of my website also!

Hey guys, I've been looking for someone to give my site an evaluation also. Haven't had luck so far, so hopefully you see my message and give me your honest opinion(s): http://www.limorentalcolumbia.com

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by DanSpyralatos View Post
    Hey guys, I've been looking for someone to give my site an evaluation also. Haven't had luck so far, so hopefully you see my message and give me your honest opinion(s): http://www.limorentalcolumbia.com

Thank you

May just be me, but to me, this says you are late arriving as well, you just are not like the other ones who are also late:

Limo Rental Columbia is not your typical late arriving limo company.
    Last edited by Greg K; November 9th, 2016 at 09:04 PM.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Blog Entries

I agree, I think I would eliminate this best bet is to never waste add space with negativity about other companies, just stick to what you can do and how you do it the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg K View Post
    May just be me, but to me, this says you are late arriving as well, you just are like the other ones who are also late:
    Badger State Limousine Service
    "When nothing less than perfection will do"
    (414)-GO-GO-RED (414)-464-6733
    www. BADGERSTATELIMO.com

http://www.Badgerstatelimo.com
    http://www.MILWAUKEEWISCONSINLIMO.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PartyBusDetroitMetro.com View Post
    Looks pretty good, but where is your fleet ?
    Yeah no Fleet tab?
    Badger State Limousine Service
    "When nothing less than perfection will do"
    (414)-GO-GO-RED (414)-464-6733
    www. BADGERSTATELIMO.com

http://www.Badgerstatelimo.com
    http://www.MILWAUKEEWISCONSINLIMO.com

Expanding on the mention of you not showcasing your fleet, this really seems odd considering your blog:

A good business owner that is proud of his fleet, will even offer to text you a couple of photos of the vehicles.
    What does this line mean:

Piggy banking on the initial suggestion, I also want to add that understanding - knowing clearly the available vehicles for your day will give you an idea of awareness.
    Additionally, work on getting some original photos, it is a tad overuse of stock photos. Again as you said in your block, you should be proud of your fleet.

Also that Privacy page, you say you don't keep people's IP addresses, yet it is served from a web server that by default logs IP addresses. Might want to double check that you are giving valid information. Also on the page you have a link for people to "scream at you", which is just a link to your home page instead of your contact page.
    This space intentionally left blank.

This text sounds like it was written by someone for whom English is their second language.

On the homepage I'd reduce the text a bit. It's a bit overwhelming. That or use indentation (is that the proper term?) Also, I'd make sure the logo is bigger.

Website looks great!

I recently made some changes to my site as well, and would appreciate opinions, whether good or bad.
    Celebritylimoky.com
    Dan Repass
    Celebrity & BOSS Limousine
    Lexington, KY
    859-255-LIMO
    www.255LIMO.COM

Hey, do you have a mobile version for your website? I checked from my pc and the website doens't resize which I think is a must nowadays. Many ppl are checking websites from mobile phones, and it's harder to navigate your site