Thread: Payroll

Does anyone use a payroll service or am i better of running my own through QuickBooks? Is it worth hiring the payroll service since they take care of paying the tax's and everything?

P.S to everyone that has helped me with these topics I thank you, and wish everyone a happy healthy and prosperous holiday and new year

Originally posted by limos4u:
    Does anyone use a payroll service or am i better of running my own through QuickBooks? Is it worth hiring the payroll service since they take care of paying the tax's and everything?

P.S to everyone that has helped me with these topics I thank you, and wish everyone a happy healthy and prosperous holiday and new year
    We use the payroll program in Quickbooks Pro. We subscribe to their payroll plan. It updates about twice per month to keep track of current prayroll tax schedules.

Quickbooks payroll is less expensive then most payroll services. There are often stories of payroll companies mismanaging funds entrusted to them as well (ie not sending the money to the IRS).

We use Quickbooks payroll.
    Tony Franzetti
    Marriton Limousine, Austin, TX
    Austin Limousine service, Austin airport service, austin bus charters
    http://www.marritonlimo.com

Which one in quickbooks should i use the offer a standard, enhanced or assisted payroll features.

If you have a part or full time bookkeepper on staff then go with Standard (that is how we do it).

If you are running a one man show I would go with Enhanced or Assisted as the time savings and benefits are nice.

QB Assisted is most comparable to hiring an outside Payroll Service and in my price shopping experience is generally less expensive than such companies while offering the same general level of service.
    Tony Franzetti

Blog Entries

We use ADP and they take care of everything. A little pricey but it just free's up our time to do other things. Send them a fax every 2 weeks of hours and thats it.

Senior Member Limo Padawan Cliff Robinson's Avatar

I do my own paroll through my Banks Portal and Pay all applicable taxes. its quick, easy and cheap. $15 a Month regardles of theamunt of employees under 20.

You get all the breakdowns for Tax's and wages and contractors payments as well as all the Quaterly 941 payents and tax's it is aneasy way to do things and quite easy to manage on the fly.

Sure cheaper than ADP or another service or even a book keeper.

i do however spend a good chunk on a CPA to Manage the Books and make sure that everything is crossed and dotted and that my Yearly Tax's are done it pays off in great Returns I will this year get 95% of what I payed out Back and thats a huge chunk of change I am looking forward to.
    “When you were born you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a way, that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice!”

Ok i have interviewed a payroll service now that im ready to start. the are about $60 a week. quick books most expensive program is about $60 a month. is it worth doing the payroll service or is it as easy to use quick books. i got the qoute from a company called paychek.

Quickbooks payroll is pretty simple to use.
    Tony Franzetti

Blog Entries

$60 a week? Thats expensive in my mind.

We pay about $40 every 2 weeks (we do payroll twice a month), and that is with ADP. I had a local accountant tell me he would beat ADP by 15% to get our account.

You might also want to check out this link:
    Pay Cycle

We started with them before we went to ADP. Very simple and easy to use right online. Great customer support. We switched to ADP because my wife runs the office and got too busy to keep up with everything. Decided to outsource the payroll.

That's too much limos4u! Keep looking!

Jim

we were using paychex , and had many problems with them , aside from the high cost. May just be a local issue , who knows. We swithced to QB and my wife said " why haven't we been doing this all along , this is so easy and cheap?"
    We do payroll bi weekly and all the tax stuff is there and there is some ability to integrate with my rez software(not much) Paychex first sold us on the discount they could get us on WC , turned out to not be true and the local rep made other promises that were lies. He no longer is with them , but we have moved on.

Godd rez software and a little time on QB will do amazing things for you.