Thread: 2003 Krystal - bad circuit board

Hybrid View

Default 2003 Krystal - bad circuit board

Hi there, I have a 2003 Krystal and the main relay board seems to fail on me - sometimes... Sometimes it works fine, other times, I lose power for the radio, rear controls and dome lights. Just wondering if anyone has a schematic or any pointers or tips for me? I have tried changing the relays already. I thought I had it the other day but my driver said it dropped out again Saturday evening.
    Jon Hook

Stars Luxury Limousine Services - North Bay, Ontario
    www.Book-A-Van.com
    www.NorthBayBlackCarService.ca
    www.WeddingLimousineNorthBay.ca

2000 White 120" stretch AHA
    2003 Black Lincoln Town Car
    2008 Black Lincoln Town Car
    2011 Mercedes Sprinter

First, check to see if you're getting power to the board when the power goes out. It could be a problem with your aux alternator or battery. Could be the solenoid at the board is malfunctioning.

I am, and a portion of the board still works... but my rear control has no power (which means no heat/ac) and the radio turns off. I am going to take the board in next week to a electronics shop so they can check for any poor connections. Have you got the same one? I need a photo of one to check something
    Jon Hook

Stars Luxury Limousine Services - North Bay, Ontario
    www.Book-A-Van.com
    www.NorthBayBlackCarService.ca
    www.WeddingLimousineNorthBay.ca

2000 White 120" stretch AHA
    2003 Black Lincoln Town Car
    2008 Black Lincoln Town Car
    2011 Mercedes Sprinter

Default Re-solder

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Hook View Post
    I am going to take the board in next week to a electronics shop so they can check for any poor connections.
    99-02 Krystal had the same board. Don't know about 03-up. The best thing to do is have your electronics store clean & re-solder the board to ensure all connections are good. Check all the fuses you can find. Krystal put some behind the divider pax side.

I would pull the auxiliary alternator & have it checked by an auto electric shop, have them do a rebuild cause you probably need new bearings anyway.

Check the secondary battery too, along with the solenoid on the wheel well behind the battery. Drill motor with wire brush to clean every connection.

Good Luck!
    Bill Payne
    American Limousine, LLC
    Lake Wylie, SC
    Celebrating 9 years of superior service to the Charlotte, NC market. Serving corporate and individual clients with sedans, vans and limousines.

Default 2005 Lincoln no power to the back

Hi There,
    I have similar symptoms that you had and I like to know if you diagnosed and repaired your vehicle issue.
    I have a 2005 Lincoln TC and I'm having a problem with circuit board. It's built by Krystal.
    I don't have any power in the back. I have power at the solenoid and it goes through the solenoid and have power on the main board. Actually few of the fuses have power on the main board but some of them don't have power. The solenoid gets hot after a while and the relays for the rear lights and air conditioning get really hot too. I took the secondary battery to oreileys and they checked the battery 100% charged 12.8V )
    Do you have the wiring diagram that you can share or do you know what might be wrong with it? Portion of the board still works but the fuses for rear part doesn't have any power. The relays for those rear portion gets hot.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Silk Road Limo; August 24th, 2016 at 01:12 AM.

Mine is a 1999 and I don't have a picture. But every time I had a rear power problem it was a battery or alternator issue.