Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The time of the Stretch Limousine is dead...just saying don't invest in them!

Default The time of the Stretch Limousine is dead...just saying don't invest in them!

It is interesting to see how much the standard 6-10 passenger limousine is less in demand and a non factor in a transportation business. Please lets here what you all have to say.....

Sadly I have to agree. If not for my funeral contracts my sedan limousines would sit idle in the yard. But lately the Dallas funeral homes have been talking about going to the Sprinter vans because the Cadillac XTS 6 packs are really 4 packs and there is nothing in the near future to replace them. FYI, here in Dallas, Texas they hate the MKT limos with a passion. The look, the heavy gas consumption and build problems have caused their hate of the MKT. I ordered two 2016 XTS VIP 6 packs, delivered in February of 2016, and families don't really care for them.
    Last edited by rayrich1506; April 14th, 2016 at 05:12 AM.

I actually agree full heartedly, unfortunately. My demand seems to be for party buses, and/or high capacity vehicles. I have an 8-pax that I'll likely sell at the end of this calendar year. It's too bad too, because for a 2007 stretch with 180K on her, it still looks like she just rolled off the showroom floor. I just don't know if my business model supports graduating to a 15+ CDL required vehicle, and the headaches that go along with that. I'll do some soul searching this summer and figure out if I need to reevaluate and re-strategize. Right now, my sedans have consistent and steady work, and my 15 pax Transit van is on a commuter service, so that too is guaranteed income.

I still never fully accepted the MKT stretch, and a 6-pax XTS stretch would do nothing for me as well.
    Ryan Lord
    Signature Limousine Company
    New Bedford, MA
    SignatureLimo@comcast.net
    www.signaturelimocompany.com

Probably in certain markets a classy stretch will hold its own. For instance, a couple or 2 hiring a stretch to go into the city for dinner and a show. The Industry looked to open the market with offering large capacity bling vehicles to cut the per head costs (lower end customers). In other words, the limo industry went from high end executive transfers and classy nights on the town to low end, on demand compete with Uber hauling drunks taxi cab style to scarf and barf party buses with dance polls.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

There's always going to be a place for stretch limos. You just have to find it.

There will always be demand for stretch limos.. That's the first thing most regular people think of when they hear the word LIMO,

Very interesting responses, Stretches are dead haha sorry guys. Well if you intend on making money in this business -they are. Thanks for the responses.

Quote Originally Posted by NVTours View Post
    Very interesting responses, Stretches are dead haha sorry guys. Well if you intend on making money in this business -they are. Thanks for the responses.

I honestly believe that the area dictates what works and what does not. Our 8 and 10 pax stretches are what keeps revenue flowing as opposed to the Party Bus that sits idle majority of the time.

For those of you who rely heavily on the Party Bus segment to survive your gonna see some changes coming real soon regarding safety and insurance. Regulators are tired of safety issues resulting in deaths and insurance companies are tired of paying out the claims, you think you pay high rates now? The insurance industry is gonna price you right out of business because they don't want the liability anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite2RememberLimo View Post

Crazy I heard about this story from one of our affiliates.. the party bus company is in deeeep Sh!T they run old beat up buses and slash prices.

Blog Entries

I don't think stretch limos are dead, nor they will be dead at least in the near future. I agree however with gunny that the market demands are somewhat changing to the low end side.
    http://jetranker.com
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/islambenfifi

Yah running illegal party buses is bad bad business for everyone- but whats that say about the people looking for the slashed prices. High end pays the premium price. 10 passenger Mercedes sprinters or a stretch limo?? 9 out of 10 are going to go with the Mercedes. Just saying we sell it all day long.

Stretch limos arent dead or will be dead but the Sprinter type party buses almost costing similar amounts cut into their share of the pie.
    They hold more, easier to drive and easier to maintain probably as well.
    But a bride and so are most older traditional type clients will always want a proper stretch.
    Last edited by toi; April 30th, 2016 at 04:48 AM.

since the new lincoln isnt going to be cut by qvm , older stretches will fade but suv limos n sprints will be here

Most people want a party bus nowadays because they are most comfortable and have many more amenities, also from the business owner point of view its good too because they make more money sooo.... its a win win situation.