Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31

Thread: Who's Driving You? TLPA Propaganda to battle the Uber competition

  1. #16
    Super Moderator gunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    5,318

    Default taxi driver arrested for allegedly distributing heroin, Who's Driving You?

    Nantucket taxi driver arrested for allegedly distributing heroin, crack cocaine

    https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...00K/story.html
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

  2. #17

    Default Florida ain't the only trouble spot in the nation.....how about Nevada?

    Nevada Senate Bill 183 would have allowed the companies to go to the Nevada Transportation Authority and increase their fleets without having to fend off challenges from the existing large companies based on competitive grounds. The so-called “Competitors Veto” enforced by the NTA says the NTA can deny additional vehicles to the small companies if they “would tend to increase or create detrimental competition in motor transportation.” Existing companies can and do protest every new applicant that comes along. The Bill would have deleted this provision. But Gov. Sandoval vetoed the measure, citing “public safety issues”. Instead of opening up the closed market in Nevada, and under immense lobbying pressure from billion dollar company Uber, Sandoval approved only the bill to legalize Uber and Lyft. Public safety issues, really?
    Now, instead of allowing already regulated and existing owners to expand their fleets, which are already under the scrutiny of NTA as far as safety is concerned. The state of Nevada gave the green light to new TNC operators, mostly part-timers and many inexperienced folks using their own personal car, with questionable insurance, questionable safety inspections and even more questionable background checks, giving newcomers the ability to turn on an app in their smartphone and start making money!
    Since this new industry started several years ago, the daily news has been filled with articles of deceptive pricing by the companies and hundreds of driver complaints and even cases of assault and battery, etc! It’s an industry with no office you can visit, no live person you can call and thousands upon thousands of part-time operators with no one to report to. The majority of these drivers have never even met their “employer”, so who are they reporting to? Granted, many operators are legitimate and are providing a great service, but the record doe’s show not all are. So, the question of public safety issues does not hold water in Gov. Sandoval’s veto of SB 183. It more sounds like “good old boy” politics, money and corruption at its best!

  3. #18
    Super Moderator gunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    5,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by No1chauffeur View Post
    Nevada Senate Bill 183 would have allowed the companies to go to the Nevada Transportation Authority and increase their fleets without having to fend off challenges from the existing large companies based on competitive grounds. The so-called “Competitors Veto” enforced by the NTA says the NTA can deny additional vehicles to the small companies if they “would tend to increase or create detrimental competition in motor transportation.” Existing companies can and do protest every new applicant that comes along. The Bill would have deleted this provision. But Gov. Sandoval vetoed the measure, citing “public safety issues”. Instead of opening up the closed market in Nevada, and under immense lobbying pressure from billion dollar company Uber, Sandoval approved only the bill to legalize Uber and Lyft. Public safety issues, really?
    Now, instead of allowing already regulated and existing owners to expand their fleets, which are already under the scrutiny of NTA as far as safety is concerned. The state of Nevada gave the green light to new TNC operators, mostly part-timers and many inexperienced folks using their own personal car, with questionable insurance, questionable safety inspections and even more questionable background checks, giving newcomers the ability to turn on an app in their smartphone and start making money!
    Since this new industry started several years ago, the daily news has been filled with articles of deceptive pricing by the companies and hundreds of driver complaints and even cases of assault and battery, etc! It’s an industry with no office you can visit, no live person you can call and thousands upon thousands of part-time operators with no one to report to. The majority of these drivers have never even met their “employer”, so who are they reporting to? Granted, many operators are legitimate and are providing a great service, but the record doe’s show not all are. So, the question of public safety issues does not hold water in Gov. Sandoval’s veto of SB 183. It more sounds like “good old boy” politics, money and corruption at its best!
    I say it's TNCs doing exactly what the large entrenched operations and cabbies have done for decades .
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

  4. #19

    Default Nail on the head!

    Quote Originally Posted by gunny View Post
    I say it's TNCs doing exactly what the large entrenched operations and cabbies have done for decades .
    You got that exactly right Gunny! I'm hoping this post can get some attention in Nevada and California as well as nationwide. I have just joined this forum so any suggestions of where I should post would be most welcome!

  5. #20
    Super Moderator gunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    5,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by No1chauffeur View Post
    You got that exactly right Gunny! I'm hoping this post can get some attention in Nevada and California as well as nationwide. I have just joined this forum so any suggestions of where I should post would be most welcome!
    Right on this site using the appropriate section. Choose your title wisely with impact key words for search engines.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

  6. #21
    Super Moderator gunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    5,318

    Default CAB DRIVER ACCUSED OF BEATING MAN TO DEATH Who's Driving You?

    CAB DRIVER ACCUSED OF BEATING MAN TO DEATH IN RIDGEFIELD

    http://abc7ny.com/news/suspect-arres...ffice/1617529/
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

  7. #22
    Super Moderator gunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    5,318

    Default Taxi Driver Sentenced for Hit and Run Fatality Who's Driving You?

    Taxi Driver Arrested in Laguna Beach Sentenced for Hit and Run Fatality

    http://patch.com/california/lagunabe...t-run-fatality
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

  8. #23

  9. #24

  10. #25
    Super Moderator gunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    5,318

    Default nyc-cabbies-arrested-accused-of-running-up-fake-fares Who's Driving You?

    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

  11. #26
    Super Moderator gunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    5,318

    Default Taxi driver arrested for alleged sexual assaults in Campbell Who's Driving You?

    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

  12. #27
    Super Moderator gunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    5,318

    Default Cab driver lured a passenger then groped her Who's Driving You?

    A Bronx green-cab driver lured a passenger and her mother into his taxi and then groped the younger woman

    http://nypost.com/2016/12/28/cab-dri...ng-to-be-mine/
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

  13. #28
    Super Moderator gunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    5,318

    Default Cabbie arrested for drug possession, Who's Driving You?

    Cabbie and his girlfriend, mother and son passengers arrested for drug possession
    http://www.wkbw.com/news/cabbie-and-...rug-possession
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

  14. #29
    Super Moderator gunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    5,318

    Default PHILADELPHIA TAXI DRIVER ARRESTED, Who's driving you?

    Uber made them do it!

    PHILADELPHIA TAXI DRIVER ARRESTED AFTER BEING SHOT BY FELLOW CABBIE OUTSIDE FRANKFORD TRANSPORTATION CENTER

    http://6abc.com/news/taxi-driver-arr...abbie/1762482/
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

  15. #30
    Super Moderator gunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    5,318

    Default Taxi driver charged with sexual assault, child endangerment. Who's driving you?

    Taxi driver charged with sexual assault, child endangerment

    http://www.northjersey.com/story/new...ent/100180758/
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •