Thread: Good Marketing Methods

Hybrid View

Default Good Marketing Methods

I just got a call from YP.com they are claiming how many people search on there app for limousine service. We used to advertise on there site, we also did Superpages ppc but realized the results were poor. I am looking for feedback from other operators besides Googles ppc and organic listings where do you think a lot of your business is coming from. We have tried a bunch of different online methods that just seem to be a waste of money.

PS I have been using Google ppc for many years and manage my own campaign. If you are using Google ppc really look at your campaign there is a area on your report that Google cannot explain clicks that you are getting. I have been over and over with them for years

There are more Yellow page reps and superpages reps did a search on your website than actual clients.
    Believe it or not, but this is the truth.

Try not depending so much on online marketing. My business took off once I engaged in a proper, professional, marketing plan with direct mailing (had the absolute best ROI), followed by full back page newspaper ads (yes, believe it or not), a spot on an electronic billboard by the mall, radio ads, and an ad in the local phone book.

Then my problem was not being able to staff my company with enough competent chauffeurs.

Like everything else in life, you get what you pay for. All of these are expensive but not having any of your own clients and not having a cohesive brand strategy is even more expensive.

Focus on your immediate local area and stick with it and be present. Don't try to compete with every other limo biz across a 50 mile radius because your marketing will be so diluted, it will essentially be non-existent.
    Andrew Armitage
    Vintage Chauffeuring LLC
    Andrew@VintageChauffeuring.com
    www.VintageChauffeuring.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Limos View Post
    Try not depending so much on online marketing.
    Great advice here. Online marketing is important, but should only be a small part of a full marketing plan. It's not ideal to make it the only marketing plan.

Organic Yelp, Social Media and content creation daily across the board, relevant to your area. Its simple, but time consuming and you have to be knowledgeable to be affective. Also growing your business with existing clients is key. If someone books twice with you you just doubled your business with that client or business.

We have tried YP, they were definitely not worth it waste of money ! Yelp is good, create a free listing do not get the paid one there is not much difference. Also Craigslist works pretty well !

Quote Originally Posted by PartyBusDetroitMetro.com View Post
    We have tried YP, they were definitely not worth it waste of money ! Yelp is good, create a free listing do not get the paid one there is not much difference. Also Craigslist works pretty well !
    I am surprised to hear that Craigslist works well. I was under the impression that craigslist works well for low ballers and taxi companies.

We get too busy every now and then, and then again too slow every now and then, we want to try to attract clients that is filling the slack time, not early mornings on Monday, and late arrivals on Thu-Fri.

Yes you are correct most of the clients that search on craigslist are working with a low budget but there are some that are good and pay well, you of course give them your regular prices and if they want it they get it ! It's free so why not use it, doesn't cost you a penny and you might get some good clients.

Google places is a great way to advertise for free, all you need is a google+ account

Organic top rank SEO tactics -Social Media posts daily with relevant content

Blog Entries

Here is a good online marketing plan:

1- Have a professional website: Those 90's style designs are giving your brand a bad name in the internet age. Having a decent website is not expensive and if you decide to do it yourself, you can do a good job paying only 15 dollars a year for the domain and 8 dollars a month for hosting.

2- Create good content for your blog: Good content is great for building relationship with your site's visitors and build the reputation of your brand. Articles about your local area ( best bars, best parks, best places for a prom party...etc) are the best way to give your visitors value.

3- Concentrate on your local area: You can do local SEO yourself or hire someone to do it for you. The key is to concentrate only on your local area, then if things go right you can expand gradually.

4- Collect emails: This is the big daddy of them all. Provide an incentive for the site visitors to give you their email adress in exchange of something of value ( a discount coupon, a free touristic guide, a small cool physical gift if you are serious about this). This way ou can market for them again and again without spending anything on ads ( the only cost will be 9 to 20 dollars to set your email autoresponder). You can even send them automatic emails so it is a real set it and forget it system.

IT's the best way because:
    a- Those who gave you their emails were already inrterested so they are way more likely to buy your service
    b- It does not cost much money ( like Ads) or time ( like SEO)
    c- It is automatic: You only set a sequence of emails to go on specific triggers, then forget it to focus on other areas of your business
    d- It is long term: Whenever you see a drop in your clients, you just send one promotion email and you'll be sure you'll get clients coming that day. It's that effective!

Metro Chicago - Serving Ohare and Midway Airports

Thanks for the tips, @isso Welcome to the forum.
    Hinsdale Limo Service

Blog Entries

My pleasure. Glad to help anytime.