Thread: Jim Luff Retires

Default Jim Luff Retires

Greetings friends and family,

I have been remiss in sharing my retirement plans here on the forum. While I am exiting the daily grind of operating a limousine company. My final day of operation will be on Friday 01/22.

The company will continue to be operated by the same staff who have been with me by years and there will be no change to operations except my sanity.

I'm not ready to be put out to pasture yet and I will remain working for LCT Magazine and attached to the industry. You never know where I might show up. But, as a grandpa to seven kids now, my priorities have changed and the stress of running a 24/7 business has taken its toll on my health so I have to make a change.

I will still be here on the forum too. Just not actually running a business anymore. I will continue to consult with people in the industry.

Sincerely,

Jim
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Health and well being is #1 priority Jim and we both know how the stress can take one out fast. Enjoy the grands!
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Metro Chicago - Serving Ohare and Midway Airports

Congrats Jim - looking forward to keeping in touch.
    Hinsdale Limo Service

Banned

Hope you enjoy retirement!!!

Hello & congratulations Jim! I don't mean to bombard you with questions upon your retirement...but I was referred your way through multiple posts on this forum.

I am a new owner/operator in the Santa Barbara area. I was hoping you could point me in the right direction if I were to lease out my vehicle. I have a 25PAX stretched Mercedes Sprinter Limousine that I am entertaining the idea of leasing to another operator (who may be able to put it to better use than I). Frankly, in my area it is difficult to get it on the road more than 4 days a month (at least for a newbie). If I cannot sell it right away, I was thinking about leasing it out.

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated... Pros/Cons, contacts, what to watch out for, etc.