Thread: Ceiling fastening help!

Default Ceiling fastening help!

I have a ford e350 shuttle bus I am converting into a party bus for my first vehicle. I am having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to fasten ceiling panels made from "Eucaboard" hardboard to the frame of the bus without the screws showing through the vinyl. I would like to be able to remove the panels at a later time for repairs or to change the design. I have researched hidden fasteners and other ideas but haven't found anything that can work. The sides of the panels will be screws in because they will be covered but the center and interior parts are what I am worried about. Anyone have an idea of what I can do???

Quote Originally Posted by pikapp336 View Post
    I have a ford e350 shuttle bus I am converting into a party bus for my first vehicle. I am having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to fasten ceiling panels made from "Eucaboard" hardboard to the frame of the bus without the screws showing through the vinyl. I would like to be able to remove the panels at a later time for repairs or to change the design. I have researched hidden fasteners and other ideas but haven't found anything that can work. The sides of the panels will be screws in because they will be covered but the center and interior parts are what I am worried about. Anyone have an idea of what I can do???
    You have to pick one or the other. You can either save finishing the part with vinyl till after its screwed up and hide the screws (will looks best) or you can just put the screw in over the vinyl (save the most time). I use black vinyl and use drywall screws and it blends in pretty well. Some people make button snaps which you press a cap with the same color vinyl and it snaps over and can be easily removed. I personally don't like them because I think it sticks out even more.

Default Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by brandon1 View Post
    You have to pick one or the other. You can either save finishing the part with vinyl till after its screwed up and hide the screws (will looks best) or you can just put the screw in over the vinyl (save the most time). I use black vinyl and use drywall screws and it blends in pretty well. Some people make button snaps which you press a cap with the same color vinyl and it snaps over and can be easily removed. I personally don't like them because I think it sticks out even more.
    Thanks Brandon! I guess I will wrap the vinyl over the panels!