Thread: New Party Bus build, help adding extra AC. Also pics from last build

Default New Party Bus build, help adding extra AC. Also pics from last build

Hey guys! I know it's been a few years since I've been posting on here, and a TON has happened in the meantime, but I wanted to reach out on help with a new bus build.

Just added a Ford F550 30-35 passenger to our fleet. The current 2 AC system will not be enough due to the interior length and being in AZ I NEED to add the extra AC. Current setup has the rear a/c in the front of the bus in the upper cab area, right above the driver seat. I know it's possible to T-off the current setup, but I want to know if anybody has experience with this, or exact ac systems/models.

New website is up and running at www.LUXtransportationAZ.com

I remember a friend putting a generator on the vehicle for the secondary AC in Texas because it ended up being much cheaper, you may want to look into that. It's popular for RV's.

If you have multiple party buses let me know if you're looking for leads, I have someone in your area already but have a waiting list available. www.liveryleads.com

You should consider adding a rooftop air conditioner.

I agree with the others. Add an rv rooftop ac and a generator under the bus or in luggage compartment in rear. If the generator is mounted in an in closed compartment, you will need to make sure it is properly ventilated to prevent fumes or overheating. The compartment will also need to be sound insulated so it's not heard in the coach.
    Dan Repass
    Celebrity & BOSS Limousine
    Lexington, KY
    859-255-LIMO
    www.255LIMO.COM

Are you absolutely sure you need another AC unit? I would think the factory that built the bus would
    have installed an adequate system in the bus to properly cool it. Maybe your current system needs service like a recharge or something else. Maybe the current system is not working properly to its capacity. Does the current unit blow ice cold in the front of the coach, and is the blower working properly in high speed. I have had several buses this size with only one large rear unit and the entire bus stays ice cold.
    Dan Repass
    Celebrity & BOSS Limousine
    Lexington, KY
    859-255-LIMO
    www.255LIMO.COM

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I honestly never thought of just doing the generator and an rv rooftop non-ducted AC unit

Quote Originally Posted by Celebritylimoky View Post
    Are you absolutely sure you need another AC unit? I would think the factory that built the bus would
    have installed an adequate system in the bus to properly cool it. Maybe your current system needs service like a recharge or something else. Maybe the current system is not working properly to its capacity. Does the current unit blow ice cold in the front of the coach, and is the blower working properly in high speed. I have had several buses this size with only one large rear unit and the entire bus stays ice cold.
    Usually that is the case, and there's some factors I consider when I made my decision. We operate out of Phoenix, AZ, and the temperature here is 110 degrees for 3-4 straight months. The only way I can get away with the stock system in our buses is if the original build location is south US, or more specifically if the build location or the location where the 1st owner customized it for is in a very hot climate. The AC systems in LV, PHX, SOCAL buses tend to be significantly larger and more btu's than the similar trims in colder climates. I have a wholesale license/lot as well so I can use the dealer systems to track all this info by vin or from builder. This bus happens to be a northern Cal original build. The air is REALLY strong, but past 14 feet you can't really feel the fans anymore (interior portion from cab-back is 23 feet). And this build has the rear a/c fans in the front of the bus. Peculiar combination. I just know this isn't enough, especially since 80% of our business is actually corporate and day use.

I keep trying to post pics of my last 2 builds we completed for the Super Bowl 49 week but they are all oversized and I don't know how to get them smaller than their 1.5-2.5MB sizes

We have two F550s in our fleet that we have converted to party buses last year, each bus has The two original A/C units and they stays ice cold after proper service, one thing to note is the back A/C unit is connected to the front compressor ( drivers dash) you need to have the Drivers A/C ON in order for the unit to turn on.

L3 Limo

AC is a major issue... I cringe hearing location of AZ and just keeping the AC as is, does not seem to be enough, The rooftop option sounds good, question did you have this cost built into getting a new party bus?

Start with this: http://www.calculator.net/btu-calculator.html cause you really need to know what the demand is.

I think your best bet would be: http://manexcorp.com/

They have the expertise to ascertain your needs & the equipment to supply the solution.

I agree with the "cut a hole in the top & chose a RV roof-mount" with 13.5 or 15K BTUs, ? is whether that will be enough BTUs. Dependent upon what the start-up demands are, you might be able to use a high capacity inverter in place of the generator.
    Bill Payne
    American Limousine, LLC
    Lake Wylie, SC
    Celebrating 9 years of superior service to the Charlotte, NC market. Serving corporate and individual clients with sedans, vans and limousines.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon1 View Post
    I remember a friend putting a generator on the vehicle for the secondary AC in Texas because it ended up being much cheaper, you may want to look into that. It's popular for RV's.

If you have multiple party buses let me know if you're looking for leads, I have someone in your area already but have a waiting list available. www.liveryleads.com

Hey Brandon,

Just sent you a message on liveryleads.com
    Elegant Knights Limo-Party Bus
    http://getonthebusandpartywithus.com/