Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting a party bus shuttle

Default Not really a blessing!

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunM View Post
    Thank you for your blessing! I wouldn't say I have it figured out but I'm trying to have as much information as possible before I jump in; can't jump in the pool before you know how deep it is you know. I'm just trying to be more than an idea and some capital; it's not who thinks of it first it's who does it right and I'm trying to learn from the mistakes of others and the successes of the veterans here.
    I simply said go for it because you seem to have it all figured out, and are determined to do this even though everyone here advises against it including myself. I definately advise against this, but whatever. I think that for the most part when someone seeks advice on a business venture from others that have tried and failed or know of others that have tried and failed something similar, they would take that advise and move on to something that has a proven track record.
    Dan Repass
    Celebrity & BOSS Limousine
    Lexington, KY
    859-255-LIMO
    www.255LIMO.COM

Keep investigating ... cash flow and execution is the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebritylimoky View Post
    I simply said go for it because you seem to have it all figured out, and are determined to do this even though everyone here advises against it including myself. I definately advise against this, but whatever. I think that for the most part when someone seeks advice on a business venture from others that have tried and failed or know of others that have tried and failed something similar, they would take that advise and move on to something that has a proven track record.
    Definitely, I understand where you're coming from. I'm just relishing the challenge because there's a reason so many have tried albeit failing; as a concept it sounds great but it needs a little bit more work to combat against the clear disadvantages and problems ahead. I have a few of the problems somewhat under control already but I really want more, I want to be told exactly why I won't succeed so I can challenge that with my own measures.

Quote Originally Posted by NVTours View Post
    Keep investigating ... cash flow and execution is the key.
    I agree with you on cash flow 100%, that's something I want to be careful about, especially because it decides whether or not to continue or shut down. With PR expenses and just the unsurity of business overall I have to be very careful about how much I'll put away for rainy days if the business has the potential I think it does.

With execution my main worry about is training the employees who will be interacting with the customers. Of course I'll be as hands on as possible myself but I want them to treasure the customer's experience as much as I do. The good thing about being in a city with tourism as one of it's biggest industries so there is a large workforce of people with experience in the hospitality industry.

We tried shuttling people to a weekly beach event with our party buses few years back, it was a NIGHTMARE! no respect to the driver nor the equipment inside the bus. we charged $20 a person for a round trip (20 miles away) after driver, gas, and stuff they broke inside the bus there was no profit left.