Thread: License PLATES customize for branding purposes? what do affiliate THINK

Default License PLATES customize for branding purposes? what do affiliate THINK

would you care for customize plates? exp.(G 29) on the car driven to pick your clients up? curious

only to have local branding awareness, new looking to build

PLEASE ADVISE and help out NEWbie

I don't do it because we do too much work for affiliates like Music, Boston, EmpireCLS etc. and we also have accounts with Buck Owens Crystal Palace and our local arena and while it might look good for branding purposes, when we are driving someone like Garth Brooks or The Eagles, they don't want to look like they are in a "rental" vehicle. I sometimes have to use local companies to supplement us and I hate when they have big logos on their windows. Then my clients ask things like, "Why are THEY here"?
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Default I don't see a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Scene View Post
    I don't do it because we do too much work for affiliates like Music, Boston, EmpireCLS etc. and we also have accounts with Buck Owens Crystal Palace and our local arena and while it might look good for branding purposes, when we are driving someone like Garth Brooks or The Eagles, they don't want to look like they are in a "rental" vehicle. I sometimes have to use local companies to supplement us and I hate when they have big logos on their windows. Then my clients ask things like, "Why are THEY here"?
    It's been my experience that most people who rent a limo could care less if there is a personal tag or company logo on the vehicle other than maybe a sedan or SUV. We don't letter our sedans and SUVs because I feel it's tacky. Just MHO. Now as far as limos or buses, I don't see a problem with company logos. I can't remember a single instance when a client has made a negative comment about our vehicles having our name on them. If the big guys have a problem with farming out work to us simply because our limos and buses have OUR name on them, I welcome them to keep shopping. We do our fair share of work for well known clients celebrities and have never had a problem. For the most part, most private parties, even high rollers and celebrities, don't own limos and could care less if our name is on them. From my experience, most high rollers and celebrities don't rent limos or buses. They want a sedan or SUV.
    Dan Repass
    Celebrity & BOSS Limousine
    Lexington, KY
    859-255-LIMO
    www.255LIMO.COM

Blog Entries

In the State of ALabama, we can only use what are called "Z" tags. As an example, vehicles 15 passengers or under operate "1Z 5054". Vanity plates are not allowed.