Thread: Problem with 99 LTC limo AC

Default Problem with 99 LTC limo AC

I have a problem with the front(factory) ac on my limo. First of all, the ac works really good, front and rear. But in the front the fan speed control has gotten a little weird. The speed will fluctuate up and down by itself. Anyone ever have a problem like this. Thought I would ask before I go to the mechanic. Thanks

Do your headlights flicker when your fan speed fluctuates?
    Andy
    937-620-9120
    937-524-5899 (office)
    Dunlap Limousine, LLC
    http://www.dunlaplimo.com

Not that I know of. I rarely drive the car at night so it's hard to say.

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LGAL View Post
    I have a problem with the front(factory) ac on my limo. First of all, the ac works really good, front and rear. But in the front the fan speed control has gotten a little weird. The speed will fluctuate up and down by itself. Anyone ever have a problem like this. Thought I would ask before I go to the mechanic. Thanks
    It could be a few different things, but my guess is it is this (if you are referring to the front climate control fan). There is a hole in the firewall to access it. Its a real pain. I would suggest having mechanic check it out in case it isn't it. I think its referred to as the "heater blower resistor".

heater blower resistor - LTC.jpgheater blower resistor - LTC2.jpg
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Default Possibly a vacuum problem

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mill Limousine View Post
    It could be a few different things, but my guess is it is this (if you are referring to the front climate control fan). There is a hole in the firewall to access it. Its a real pain. I would suggest having mechanic check it out in case it isn't it. I think its referred to as the "heater blower resistor".

heater blower resistor - LTC.jpgheater blower resistor - LTC2.jpg
    Not sure if the 99 model is vacuumed controlled, but later model fords, the blower motor is somehow controlled by vacuum. If the blower stops or slows way down when you accelerate, then once you level off at a cruising speed, it starts blowing hard again, this may be the problem. I had this issue with a 2008 ford bus, and my mechanic found a loose vacuum hose. Replaced the hose and problem solved.

Good luck!
    Dan Repass
    Celebrity & BOSS Limousine
    Lexington, KY
    859-255-LIMO
    www.255LIMO.COM

Wow Dan! That's interesting. I'm going to check that out asap. The vacuum part that is.

The panel/floor/defog damper is what is controlled by vacuum, not the blower. When you lose vacuum the damper moves to the default position to blow out the floor and defogger.
    Andy
    937-620-9120
    937-524-5899 (office)
    Dunlap Limousine, LLC
    http://www.dunlaplimo.com

Blog Entries

You might need a Lincoln Town Car A/C Heat Climate Control OEM # F8VH-19C933-AE

The climate control might have to be replaced.

Default Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Party Bus Andy View Post
    The panel/floor/defog damper is what is controlled by vacuum, not the blower. When you lose vacuum the damper moves to the default position to blow out the floor and defogger.
    Come to think of it Andy, you are correct. Now that you mention it, that's what my mechanic told me. Either way it feels like the blower is going off and on since it is blowing in your face in the Auto A/C mode when you accelerate.
    Dan Repass
    Celebrity & BOSS Limousine
    Lexington, KY
    859-255-LIMO
    www.255LIMO.COM

Check the fan ground. Had a 2000 T/C that would only blow if you slammed the passenger door. Not a very professional workaround.
    Dave H.
    LA Limousines
    Victoria BC, Canada
    North America Toll Free 888 933-5466