Thread: State of the Limo Industry ie Start Cleaning Up Your Own Backyard

Default State of the Limo Industry ie Start Cleaning Up Your Own Backyard

Horky of CLS in the Federal Pen for scamming credit cards & drivers selling smack out of his limos

CA Limo burns passengers

Long Island Limo Operation nailed for sexual harassment

Long Island limo driver pulls a U turn into oncoming traffic killing 4 (studies revealing stretches unsafe in T-Bone hits (no shit) )

Long Island Limo Bus driver recorded texting during entire trip (2d time this long standing operation has been in the news)

And so on

Oh, what's up with Uber?
    Last edited by gunny; July 28th, 2015 at 10:04 AM.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Default First Lawsuit Filed. There will be more.

The recent Long Island crash whereas the limo driver did a u-turn into oncoming traffic resulting in 4 deaths. The suit names both drivers and the limo operation. http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2309946
    Last edited by gunny; July 31st, 2015 at 05:34 AM.

Default Most would be

Quote Originally Posted by gunny View Post
    Long Island limo driver pulls a U turn into oncoming traffic killing 4 (studies revealing stretches unsafe in T-Bone hits (no shit)
    Most vehicles T-boned at 30+ mph would be unsafe. Been T-boned twice in LTCs at less than 10 mph and was able to drive both cars away. Add 20 mph or more & it would be much more problematic.

I still haven't been able to
    1) understand the U-turn &
    2) determine how the limo driver didn't see the truck
    Bill Payne
    American Limousine, LLC
    Lake Wylie, SC
    Celebrating 9 years of superior service to the Charlotte, NC market. Serving corporate and individual clients with sedans, vans and limousines.

Blog Entries

From the major fire in San Francisco to The long island incident.
    The safety numbers are still good compared to people dying in charter buses or planes.

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy01 View Post
    Most vehicles T-boned at 30+ mph would be unsafe. Been T-boned twice in LTCs at less than 10 mph and was able to drive both cars away. Add 20 mph or more & it would be much more problematic.

I still haven't been able to
    1) understand the U-turn &
    2) determine how the limo driver didn't see the truck
    I understand that vehicles can't make a left out of the winery but must do a right and go down a bit to catch a u turn to get going in the right direction. I have been informed by a very reliable source who frequently travels the road the accident occurred on that limos routinely dart into traffic to make that u turn because the road is so heavily traveled.

Obviously stretches give a much larger T-Bone target than conventional cars and the audience end to the event being much larger. I know of another accident on LI whereas the stretch was leaving a wedding reception and got cut in half as it went across the road from the parking lot. Killed the bride and I believe the groom.

Bottom line is the coachbuilders should be heavily reinforcing the extensions as well as removing additions that can become deadly projectiles.

I drive an 8 passenger stretch and I never, ever, ever, ever try to make a u turn in traffic. If I have to turn around I go around the block. A limo or bus driver has the lives of his passengers in his or her hands and CANNOT make an error like that. I would think that you guys that own or operate large companies with many drivers would have a policy that you DO NOT make u turns in traffic and the penalty for doing so would be immediate termination.

Quote Originally Posted by LGAL View Post
    I drive an 8 passenger stretch and I never, ever, ever, ever try to make a u turn in traffic. If I have to turn around I go around the block. A limo or bus driver has the lives of his passengers in his or her hands and CANNOT make an error like that. I would think that you guys that own or operate large companies with many drivers would have a policy that you DO NOT make u turns in traffic and the penalty for doing so would be immediate termination.
    Some times I think there is a bit of arrogance which results in drivers taking dumb chances.

Quote Originally Posted by LGAL View Post
    I unfortunately had a chauffeur in a 2 month old sedan make a U turn in traffic which resulted in my company's only crash to date. She was cited for improper lane usage by the police investigating the crash. Thankfully there were no passengers in the car and no one reported any injuries at the scene. She was terminated on the spot.

That's actually a good idea to make U-turns against company policy. Not only for large companies, but for all companies! I think I'll take that advice and do so. Either go around the block or pull into a parking lot where you can safely turn around.
    Andrew Armitage
    Vintage Chauffeuring LLC
    Andrew@VintageChauffeuring.com
    www.VintageChauffeuring.com

I got blasted on Facebook for commenting about how we should use that unfortunate event as a training tool to reevaluate some of our policies, especially policies regarding u-turns. It is sad, but we should use it to learn and better ourselves.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    I got blasted on Facebook for commenting about how we should use that unfortunate event as a training tool to reevaluate some of our policies, especially policies regarding u-turns. It is sad, but we should use it to learn and better ourselves.
    That FB Page isn't too deep. Mostly whining about Uber and sweeping bad limo shit under the rug.

Safety is of the utmost importance! That being said, there are times when you are going to perform a u-turn or a 3 point turn(usually the case in a bus/SUV limo). The important thing is to not do it "when in doubt".

I drove a Xmas party for the San Diego Transit drivers. I pulled off a beautiful(and 100% safe) 3 point turn, in my Excursion limo and they all cheered and applauded. When I let them out at their party, they shook my hand and told me they're not allowed to make u-turns or 3 point turns. But even their supervisor said my maneuver was safe and completely legal.

Bottom line is we are in the transportation business and we have our clients lives in our hands. Practice good judgement and be safe!
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Quote Originally Posted by gunny View Post
    That FB Page isn't too deep. Mostly whining about Uber and sweeping bad limo shit under the rug.
    It was a private person's profile page.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service