Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Email Addresses

Default Do not use 1&1

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Scene View Post
    By the way, we use GoDaddy.com as our server.
    If you want a huge amount of grief, sign up with 1&1.com as your domain registrar. We used them because we were adding a couple of domains and wound up doing an auto-renewal after the 1st year.

They screwed it up, our websites were down for almost 3 weeks. Hours on the phone. Non-existent Customer Service. Typical Indonesian/SE Asia Customer Service, back & forth, unfulfilled promises.

The bitch was they wouldn't release the registration, actually got my Senator's staff & the FCC involved (still didn't help). I am normally a patient individual, but I was just before catching a plane to their USA headquarters, purchasing a gun upon arrival and shooting the CEO (that would have been to kill, not injure). If I had gone to trial with a jury of 1&1 users, I would have gotten off.

We eventually reclaimed the domain & went with GoDaddy, who may have issues, but none that we've experienced.
    Bill Payne
    American Limousine, LLC
    Lake Wylie, SC
    Celebrating 9 years of superior service to the Charlotte, NC market. Serving corporate and individual clients with sedans, vans and limousines.

Blog Entries

That is why I control my urls. The url is a major asset for any limo company and if something happens to my website builder, I can switch it to a different platform.

Thank you everyone for your input!
    Estera Semeniuc
    805-285-2805
    Crulimos.com

Good point Brandon! I have all my business emails forward to my personal so I just have one place to check emails. Rich, are you wanting to debate me?????
    I think Rich was mentioning the debate more to stand up for himself and others not willing to accept your "amateur" sling. And I was very impressed with his discipline.

If I didn't know you Jim, I would have told Rich to take the debate with the masterdebator challenge and not be afraid of the Masterbator that you are. But I do know you, respect you and like you. So I'll apologize for any typo's in my amateur attempt at a funny post.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Levine View Post
    I think Rich was mentioning the debate more to stand up for himself and others not willing to accept your "amateur" sling. And I was very impressed with his discipline.

If I didn't know you Jim, I would have told Rich to take the debate with the masterdebator challenge and not be afraid of the Masterbator that you are. But I do know you, respect you and like you. So I'll apologize for any typo's in my amateur attempt at a funny post.

LOL - no need to stand up for myself, I had "info@cedarlimo" for years...I sold the company so only need a personal account now (figured out lesson of keeping personal and company separate - the only emails I have left from the old address is what is on my Outlook!).

The major LOL is from Geoff thinking I have discipline when it comes to accepting a debate! I just haven't been on here since I made the last post! But thanks for assuming the positive Geoff!

Jim, I have learned not to debate you...no matter what I say, you wouldn't even see part of my way - but I do respect you in what you have accomplished in this business and do think 99% of the time you are right!
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Thanks guys......I was just having fun myself with the debate comment......
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Thanks guys......I was just having fun myself with the debate comment......
    Nice. I haven't checked the forum out in a while and decided to stop by. I hope you're all doing good.
    G
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net