Thread: Replacing TV with Ipad inside the interior

Default Replacing TV with Ipad inside the interior

I just recently bought a 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis (10 passenger) limo. It has your standard bar area with a very old TV in the bar area. Since the TV is outdated and nobody is going to use it. I thought to replace the TV and replace it with a Ipad to turn the bar area into a traveling photo booth. I own a photo booth company as well and wanted come up with some new.

So my question is, what is the voltage or amps to get power to the back area. I would hook up a ipad, small printer and possibly a dslr camera. Just need some specs on how much power that I can get out of the area. I have two alternators in the engine compartment. Of course, one of the alternators runs the back area and have a standard car battery too.

Any advice would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

Just charge up the ipad before you go on a run and you should be good. No need to plug it in. I've never heard of a 12 volt printer which is what you would need. And I think you can get a digital camera that will send photos to the ipad or use an iphone linked to the ipad.

Blog Entries

Personally just replace the tv with a flat screen tv and play an aquarium dvd.

Or to charge the ipad is easy, hook up a cigratte lighter socket. Trust me it will be more of a hassel to go your route.

iPad could be cool and just charge theres also mobile battery charger packs, think stabilization when it comes to camera if the vehicle is moving.

Quote Originally Posted by NVTours View Post
    iPad could be cool and just charge theres also mobile battery charger packs, think stabilization when it comes to camera if the vehicle is moving.

I will probably have a camera mount on top of the bar. I would have to use a DSLR camera with a flash for better quality pictures. The ipad is only used for the photo booth software.

Quote Originally Posted by fingersnap View Post
    I thought to replace the TV and replace it with a Ipad to turn the bar area into a traveling photo booth.
    I can't see the point of this. Most everybody that has a smart phone in their pocket can take photos with it.

Although it sounds like a really cool idea, I have to agree with atikovi. Everybody has a smart phone now, and they would rather take pics with it. That way, they can share with their friends, and social media instantly. In my opinion, I think it would be just too much time and expense to deal with. You can imagine how many photos you would find crumbled up on the floor, inside the coolers, and behind the seats at the end of the night because someone didn't like the way they looked in it, accidentally spilled a drink on it, etc. Or just plain forgot it. Sometimes people do get pretty rowdy, so it would probably get broken as well (ipad and printer). Like Jess said, I would just put a small flat screen in there and not worry about it. Are you new to the industry fingersnap?
    Jerry Thomas

I like this idea, only I would play around with it more. In the end it might turn out to be more of a liability than an asset.
    Estera Semeniuc
    805-285-2805
    Crulimos.com

I do a lot of different things Jerry. I own a DJ, Photo Booth, and Limousine/ Trolley company. So I am used to the photo booths, but just had a question about the power. I have been running photo booths for 4 years in Charleston, SC and still going strong in that area. Everybody that I have talk to about the idea of a photo booth inside a limo thinks it is a great idea. I am going to give it a try. Thanks everyone for your input and advice.

Let us know how it works out for you.
    Andy
    937-620-9120
    937-524-5899 (office)
    Dunlap Limousine, LLC
    http://www.dunlaplimo.com