Thread: 2006 ECB town car 120" rear end

Default 2006 ECB town car 120" rear end

Does anyone know what rear end is in this vehicle. I pulled the axel out and it's a lot bigger then the standard town car. I need to replace the entire rear end but I don't know what I have to replace it with?

Blog Entries

Napa has it but the dealer is the best.

On the napa computer you must choose the limo version to get the right part.

But the dealer will match it right with the vin#

I just replaced clutch, both axels, and all bearings on my rear end. Dealer can give you an exact one with the vin number but that is also very expensive. You can find other choices like Napa or rockauto.com and their products will do too.
    If you are not good with rear ends, you have a lot of try and error to find the right one, better go with dealer

~Dee

Excellent information!!!! Thank you

Blog Entries

That brings me to the next topic.
    I have an account with the local Chevrolet (which will also get me Caddy parts too) , Ford (lincoln parts) , Chrysler and Mercedes dealership. The chevy and ford dealership have my card on file and i normally pickup the parts before coming to the office. I do get a 20% discount from the ford and chevy, 10% from chrysler and none from mercedes since i do not go there that often.

After the discount the price is about the same as Napa and I know i got the oem and correct parts the first time. I am going to place a big order for brakes and rotors with ford next week as they have a great rebate going on.

Try the motor craft super duty severe brakes, they are just amazing. The regular ones are okay, once you try these for town cars, you will never go back... My car stops much faster, and with far less pressure on the brakes... love it.

I use hawk performance for large vehicles like SUV and Van. Their super duty brakes are far superior than OEM. They work far far better, may be give it a try for large vehicles; they are a little expensive, but worth every dime...

I had the differential rebuilt with racing gears. New axels, brings and seals. Everything appears to be going well. (fingers crossed)

Blog Entries

2002 was the last year with the rear drums in a stretch QVM limo. 2003 and newer are disc brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by LIMOJESS View Post
    That brings me to the next topic.
    I have an account with the local Chevrolet (which will also get me Caddy parts too) , Ford (lincoln parts) , Chrysler and Mercedes dealership. The chevy and ford dealership have my card on file and i normally pickup the parts before coming to the office. I do get a 20% discount from the ford and chevy, 10% from chrysler and none from mercedes since i do not go there that often.

After the discount the price is about the same as Napa and I know i got the oem and correct parts the first time. I am going to place a big order for brakes and rotors with ford next week as they have a great rebate going on.

The local AC Delco / Motorcraft distributor is another option, you can purchase parts at wholesale prices, multiple parts runs per day, online parts catalog and ordering and they deliver right to your front door. Significant parts cost savings.

Steve
    Last edited by steve_b; June 24th, 2015 at 01:02 AM.