Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Limousine Operators Whining About UBER Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Wire View Post
    You are right Gunny this business has always been do as I say, not as I do. Uber figured a way to get the millennials money, they found a market and have exploited masterfully. My kids are in that group, they would no more hail a cab, but they will gladly open an app and spend away. And I wonder if the people that join Uber are that bad off, if they are looking for a way into this business without working as a chauffeur for someone else, they can get a pretty quick education. In my years behind the wheel I had plenty of companies put me out on the road for 15-20 hours a day and think nothing of it for very little pay at the end of the day. Uber is nothing more than what goes around comes around!
    I allowed this to sit for awhile before jumping in. What I'm about to write is probably true today as it was for me 20 years ago with the exception of actual dollars. As a driver I was paid a flat rate plus grat for airports. $16 plus grat of $14-16 . This was predicated on some formula of a trip from Suffolk County Long Island to JFK and LGA was a 2 hour job. That is drive to the shop, pick up the car, drive to the load point, drive to the airport, drive back, gas and clean was a 2 hour job. Anyone familiar with Long Island knows what a joke this is and lets not even get going on airport pickups especially flight delays where Operators expect drivers to be in a no pay standby mode because they are too chicken shit to levy wait times out of fear of losing a customer .

When I hear limos talk shit about what Uber drivers make, I just laugh.
    Last edited by gunny; January 28th, 2016 at 06:38 PM.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    Oh, I got slammed by someone because I said that the U-turn incident should cause us to evaluate our policies and serve as a training tool on why we shouldn't allow U-turns. I got slammed hard, then had my comment removed by the OP.
    Yep, I witnessed such. They are pretty touchy for a closed group page. I wonder how they would react on a open public page. I do know when anti Uber types post on a Uber news story they do get body slammed by Uber fans aka consumers.
    Last edited by gunny; July 12th, 2016 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gunny View Post
    I allowed this to sit for awhile before jumping in. What I'm about to write is probably true today as it was for me 20 years ago with the exception of actual dollars. As a driver I was paid a flat rate plus grat for airports. $16 plus grat of $14-16 . This was predicated on some formula of a trip from Suffolk County Long Island to JFK and LGA was a 2 hour job. That is drive to the shop, pick up the car, drive to the load point, drive to the airport, drive back, gas and clean was a 2 hour job. Anyone familiar with Long Island knows what a joke this is and lets not even get going on airport pickups especially flight delays where Operators expect drivers to be in a no pay standby mode because they are too chicken shit to levy wait times out of fear of losing a customer .

When I hear limos talk shit about what Uber drivers make, I just laugh.

That's another good point, Uber is willing to say to clients, this is the price, if you don't want to pay it delete our app and go F off. Most companies are afraid to do that. The first time a client says I'm unhappy most scramble to discount, make driver work for less and in the end the client usually doesn't stay anyway.
    I want to die while asleep like my grandfather,
    not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

Default A call for limos to protest. No balls

Now on the FB Limo Page is one calling for a day of protest whereas the high end limos hit the streets and cause traffic jams ala BLM.

I can see the general populace hearts breaking for the expensive, luxury limo crowd protesting TNCs.

Not that the Limo Whiners could pull it off to begin with.
    Last edited by gunny; March 28th, 2016 at 09:03 PM.

For all my years in business these "gypsy" services have always existed and come and go regularly. Often it comes from drivers who decide they would be better off on their own and are tired of handing over the major share to their employers. Ride sharing services such as uber and lyft have dominated my thoughts for a while now and I came to the conclusion early on that there is little use in fighting these immensely popular services. I have however come to the conclusion that they are also unsustainable and the level of service, at least in Miami is degrading fast. Drivers are slowly realizing that they are making $5 or less an hour after true expenses and it went from a cool thing to do to slave labor. I wrote a short article HERE of my conclusions. Just my 2 cents.
    A better rental experience™
    TayloredLimousines.com

Default Low pay for drivers in Miami not new news

Quote Originally Posted by Taylored View Post
    For all my years in business these "gypsy" services have always existed and come and go regularly. Often it comes from drivers who decide they would be better off on their own and are tired of handing over the major share to their employers. Ride sharing services such as uber and lyft have dominated my thoughts for a while now and I came to the conclusion early on that there is little use in fighting these immensely popular services. I have however come to the conclusion that they are also unsustainable and the level of service, at least in Miami is degrading fast. Drivers are slowly realizing that they are making $5 or less an hour after true expenses and it went from a cool thing to do to slave labor. I wrote a short article HERE of my conclusions. Just my 2 cents.
    I read articles about Miami cabbies living in the streets. Here is one report of them in the airport. Note this news is before Uber came into town. It is the result of a Taxi Baron or 2 controlling the market: http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/A...112614529.html