Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Limousine Operators Whining About UBER Thread

Whining about teaming up with Cap One. Now whining about Uber & AMEX . Geez, the industry of whiners. Here's a link for the whiners to find more things to whine about.

http://blog.uber.com/
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

David C Bastian Jr.
    Commercial Sales Manager
    Towne Auto Group

If people are whining now it's only going to get worse. I was in LA over the weekend and took a black car from LAX to Hollywood and it cost me something along the lines of $80-90. On the way back I decided to try the new service uber offers called "pool" and it only cost me $15.

The way it works is they have so many requests at the same time that it finds someone along the route that you're traveling and splits the fare with the passengers. In my case I was going to LAX and someone got picked up on the same route and we both got dropped off at the same place. It's amazing the things you can do with technology. Not only will this save people money on traveling but it's also much better for the environment. Taxi companies have never done anything innovative in the last 60 years and it's going to cost them.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon1 View Post
    If people are whining now it's only going to get worse. I was in LA over the weekend and took a black car from LAX to Hollywood and it cost me something along the lines of $80-90. On the way back I decided to try the new service uber offers called "pool" and it only cost me $15.

The way it works is they have so many requests at the same time that it finds someone along the route that you're traveling and splits the fare with the passengers. In my case I was going to LAX and someone got picked up on the same route and we both got dropped off at the same place. It's amazing the things you can do with technology. Not only will this save people money on traveling but it's also much better for the environment. Taxi companies have never done anything innovative in the last 60 years and it's going to cost them.
    They invented something, big deal, they didn't invent the wheel or a rocket. they kind of used the technology that was available and created the app first. Many more apps are to come. What they invented is, how to buy out township and city hall people and run their operations illegally. They invented another depth of corruption. This is how far they can go, with no insurance, without any workers comp, or anything in the name of regulation in the best and highly regulated country like USA, they can have the most massive operation and there is no one to stop them, how is it possible... they invented that.

Quote Originally Posted by bluelimos View Post
    They invented something, big deal, they didn't invent the wheel or a rocket. they kind of used the technology that was available and created the app first. Many more apps are to come. What they invented is, how to buy out township and city hall people and run their operations illegally. They invented another depth of corruption. This is how far they can go, with no insurance, without any workers comp, or anything in the name of regulation in the best and highly regulated country like USA, they can have the most massive operation and there is no one to stop them, how is it possible... they invented that.
    You don't believe Cabbies and Limos have been paying off politicos for decades?

Quote Originally Posted by gunny View Post
    You don't believe Cabbies and Limos have been paying off politicos for decades?
    They may have been in some big cities in some ways, but not in a way that I know who can run a completely illegal operations like such. This is too big, and even bigger in terms of laws and regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by bluelimos View Post
    They may have been in some big cities in some ways, but not in a way that I know who can run a completely illegal operations like such. This is too big, and even bigger in terms of laws and regulations.
    I look at it as Patriots refusing to kowtow to regs penned by corrupt, payola taking politicians. What our Nation was built on. The fan base will win out. Limos need to be concerned with cleaning up their own crooked backyards.

So how about these limo operators whining about Uber's insurance schemes while taxis are running around with as little as $50k liability.

Example LA:
    BUSINESS ENTITY:
    Public liability and property damage insurance on vehicles operated by common carriers, providing coverage of TWENTY-FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS ($25,000) to satisfy all claims for damages by reason of bodily injury to or death of, any one person resulting from any one accident;
    FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS ($50,000) to satisfy all claims for damages by reason of bodily injury to, or death of, two or more persons,
    resulting from any one accident; FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS ($5,000) to satisfy all claims for damage to property resulting from any one
    accident. These insurance policies shall be written by companies qualified to do business in this state. The required proof of insurance shall be the
    filing of a Form E, Bodily Injury and Property Damage Certificate of Insurance, by the Insurance Underwriter of the policy, which must be received
    thirty (30) days from the date the application was received. The name and address on the Form E and name and address on the application for
    authority must match exactly

Think they have any integrity to push a level playing field on insurance requirements for all VFH ?
    Last edited by gunny; June 9th, 2015 at 07:54 PM.

Default Uber stops letting its drivers and passengers carry guns

http://www.businessinsider.com/uber-...ck-heat-2015-6

We seek to ensure that everyone using the Uber digital platform—both driver-partners and riders—feels safe and comfortable using the service. During a ride arranged through the Uber platform, Uber and its affiliates therefore prohibit possessing firearms of any kind in a vehicle. Any rider or driver found to have violated this prohibition may lose access to the Uber platform.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Default This Will Get The "Taxi Wannabe" Florida Limo Guys and Gals Whining

Hillsborough judge rejects injunction to stop Uber's rideshare service

TAMPA — Uber will continue to operate in Hillsborough County after surviving its latest bout in the legal ring with local regulators.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/transpo...ervice/2240448

Default No legal guns allowed

In other words "NO LEGAL GUNS ALLOWED!" The criminals will still have their guns with them.
    Andy
    937-620-9120
    937-524-5899 (office)
    Dunlap Limousine, LLC
    http://www.dunlaplimo.com

I recently had my motorcycle and both cars at the mechanics and used Uber for the first time to pick up my bike. Don't stone me!

I have to admit my experience was great. They were there in 4 minutes and I could see the guy driving to me on the GPS app. Great technology! Great service! Taxi's are screwed! Some sedan guys, but not all. My quality sedan clients refuse to use them unless it's a last minute drunken attempt out of a bar. But don't expect Uber to go away anytime soon. It's great for the consumer.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Unless of course, you wanna do what Mexico did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=948Jn3ggJUQ
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Used uber for international travel last week. They did some scam where non licensed taxis are readily available and wanted 12x the normal price. The metered taxi line that's hidden that only the locals know about was a 2 hour wait. I was able to get uber in 5 minutes with no surge for less than a taxi.