Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 96

Thread: Limousine Operators Whining About UBER Thread

  1. #31
    Super Moderator gunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    5,324

    Default

    Whining about teaming up with Cap One. Now whining about Uber & AMEX . Geez, the industry of whiners. Here's a link for the whiners to find more things to whine about.

    http://blog.uber.com/
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

  2. #32
    David C Bastian Jr.
    Commercial Sales Manager
    Towne Auto Group

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,951

    Default

    If people are whining now it's only going to get worse. I was in LA over the weekend and took a black car from LAX to Hollywood and it cost me something along the lines of $80-90. On the way back I decided to try the new service uber offers called "pool" and it only cost me $15.

    The way it works is they have so many requests at the same time that it finds someone along the route that you're traveling and splits the fare with the passengers. In my case I was going to LAX and someone got picked up on the same route and we both got dropped off at the same place. It's amazing the things you can do with technology. Not only will this save people money on traveling but it's also much better for the environment. Taxi companies have never done anything innovative in the last 60 years and it's going to cost them.

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Edison NJ
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brandon1 View Post
    If people are whining now it's only going to get worse. I was in LA over the weekend and took a black car from LAX to Hollywood and it cost me something along the lines of $80-90. On the way back I decided to try the new service uber offers called "pool" and it only cost me $15.

    The way it works is they have so many requests at the same time that it finds someone along the route that you're traveling and splits the fare with the passengers. In my case I was going to LAX and someone got picked up on the same route and we both got dropped off at the same place. It's amazing the things you can do with technology. Not only will this save people money on traveling but it's also much better for the environment. Taxi companies have never done anything innovative in the last 60 years and it's going to cost them.
    .
    They invented something, big deal, they didn't invent the wheel or a rocket. they kind of used the technology that was available and created the app first. Many more apps are to come. What they invented is, how to buy out township and city hall people and run their operations illegally. They invented another depth of corruption. This is how far they can go, with no insurance, without any workers comp, or anything in the name of regulation in the best and highly regulated country like USA, they can have the most massive operation and there is no one to stop them, how is it possible... they invented that.

  5. #35
    Super Moderator gunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    5,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluelimos View Post
    .
    They invented something, big deal, they didn't invent the wheel or a rocket. they kind of used the technology that was available and created the app first. Many more apps are to come. What they invented is, how to buy out township and city hall people and run their operations illegally. They invented another depth of corruption. This is how far they can go, with no insurance, without any workers comp, or anything in the name of regulation in the best and highly regulated country like USA, they can have the most massive operation and there is no one to stop them, how is it possible... they invented that.
    You don't believe Cabbies and Limos have been paying off politicos for decades?
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Edison NJ
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gunny View Post
    You don't believe Cabbies and Limos have been paying off politicos for decades?
    They may have been in some big cities in some ways, but not in a way that I know who can run a completely illegal operations like such. This is too big, and even bigger in terms of laws and regulations.

  7. #37
    Super Moderator gunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    5,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluelimos View Post
    They may have been in some big cities in some ways, but not in a way that I know who can run a completely illegal operations like such. This is too big, and even bigger in terms of laws and regulations.
    I look at it as Patriots refusing to kowtow to regs penned by corrupt, payola taking politicians. What our Nation was built on. The fan base will win out. Limos need to be concerned with cleaning up their own crooked backyards.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

  8. #38
    Super Moderator gunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    5,324

    Default

    So how about these limo operators whining about Uber's insurance schemes while taxis are running around with as little as $50k liability.

    Example LA:
    BUSINESS ENTITY:
    Public liability and property damage insurance on vehicles operated by common carriers, providing coverage of TWENTY-FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS ($25,000) to satisfy all claims for damages by reason of bodily injury to or death of, any one person resulting from any one accident;
    FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS ($50,000) to satisfy all claims for damages by reason of bodily injury to, or death of, two or more persons,
    resulting from any one accident; FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS ($5,000) to satisfy all claims for damage to property resulting from any one
    accident. These insurance policies shall be written by companies qualified to do business in this state. The required proof of insurance shall be the
    filing of a Form E, Bodily Injury and Property Damage Certificate of Insurance, by the Insurance Underwriter of the policy, which must be received
    thirty (30) days from the date the application was received. The name and address on the Form E and name and address on the application for
    authority must match exactly

    Think they have any integrity to push a level playing field on insurance requirements for all VFH ?
    Last edited by gunny; June 9th, 2015 at 07:54 PM.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

  9. #39
    Senior Member Greg K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Upper Arlington, Ohio
    Posts
    578

    Default Uber stops letting its drivers and passengers carry guns

    http://www.businessinsider.com/uber-...ck-heat-2015-6

    We seek to ensure that everyone using the Uber digital platform—both driver-partners and riders—feels safe and comfortable using the service. During a ride arranged through the Uber platform, Uber and its affiliates therefore prohibit possessing firearms of any kind in a vehicle. Any rider or driver found to have violated this prohibition may lose access to the Uber platform.
    This space intentionally left blank.

  10. #40
    Super Moderator gunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    5,324

    Default This Will Get The "Taxi Wannabe" Florida Limo Guys and Gals Whining

    Hillsborough judge rejects injunction to stop Uber's rideshare service

    TAMPA — Uber will continue to operate in Hillsborough County after surviving its latest bout in the legal ring with local regulators.

    http://www.tampabay.com/news/transpo...ervice/2240448
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

  11. #41
    Senior Member Party Bus Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dayton Ohio
    Posts
    262

    Default No legal guns allowed

    In other words "NO LEGAL GUNS ALLOWED!" The criminals will still have their guns with them.
    Andy
    937-620-9120
    937-524-5899 (office)
    Dunlap Limousine, LLC
    http://www.dunlaplimo.com

  12. #42

    Default

    I recently had my motorcycle and both cars at the mechanics and used Uber for the first time to pick up my bike. Don't stone me!

    I have to admit my experience was great. They were there in 4 minutes and I could see the guy driving to me on the GPS app. Great technology! Great service! Taxi's are screwed! Some sedan guys, but not all. My quality sedan clients refuse to use them unless it's a last minute drunken attempt out of a bar. But don't expect Uber to go away anytime soon. It's great for the consumer.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

    Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

  13. #43

    Default

    Unless of course, you wanna do what Mexico did:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=948Jn3ggJUQ
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

    Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

  14. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,951

    Default

    Used uber for international travel last week. They did some scam where non licensed taxis are readily available and wanted 12x the normal price. The metered taxi line that's hidden that only the locals know about was a 2 hour wait. I was able to get uber in 5 minutes with no surge for less than a taxi.

  15. #45

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •