Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Limousine Operators Whining About UBER Thread

Default Another Florida County Pulls Regulation

One of the biggest whiners about Uber says her piece in this article. Too bad she didn't feel the same about safety when that bill was up in Tallahassee which would of placed all under state regulation. Nothing to bitch about Wendy. Deal with the competition girl.

http://www.floridatoday.com/story/ne...imos/75582478/
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Default Miami Limo Whimps

Restricted market entry (no, you cannot start a limo biz in Miami) . Minimum sedan airport rate set by government $70 to $90 (depending on starting point). Yes that means a one mile ride to the airport costs at least $70 per limo backed ordinance .

Whimps whining that Uber is kicking in the doors.

The consumer deserves better than what the Miami Limo Cartel is offering up.

Is there really a clean answer as far as what uberx insurance covers in new jersey. It seems like the cars that drop off in newark and have uber decals most have regular plates. My understanding is that his is illegal because for hire services need to have limo insurance, licensing, etc. I just don't understand how they can get away with doing something so cheap. $20 for uberx and $25 for uberxl from where my office is in westfield. Thats even cheaper then the local taxi guys by about $10. I have no problem with uber black, uber suv, or uber luxury. Since they are inline with what we charge or far more expensive. Plus to my understanding that everything is legit with them. Meaning they have to meet the proper state requirements.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    Westfield Limousine Service Inc.
    www.westfieldlimo.com
    ckuritz@westfieldlimo.com

Default Brilliant statements from the "Uber Whiner Bunch" on the Face Book Limo Page

"A few minutes ago I was almost sideswiped by an Uber because he was paying attention to his phone, flipping the screen, and not paying attention to the road." - OK, how does this idiot know this unless he, himself, wasn't paying attention to the road?

"Welcome to the big leagues. Pay the price like we have been for centuries. You just don't walk in and take the food off of someone's plate and think they will just take it. Regulations and rules are put into place to protect the public. No ones afraid of competition as long as they play by the same rules!!" - Centuries huh? I know it takes minimal talent & education to run limos but, limos have been going for "hundreds" of years?

"They often give the phone to there friends and "drive all night" Uber is also the drug dealers best friend! " - This talking through her ass Uber hating moron operates in a small Florida County with no limo regulatory agency. No agency, no news of limo/taxi accidents, arrests or other incidents.

Blog Entries

I almost got side swiped twice last year by uber drivers too.
    Both times black priuses with eyes on the phone.

Never get hit by them, you will not get paid.
    Here is a local review;

9/18/2015

This is not a review of using Uber but of their service after being in a car accident with one of their drivers who had a fare at the time.

Do to the driver stating he was not driving for Uber we filed a claim on the scene and everything was good. Fast forward to three weeks later and his insurance company denied the claim because he was driving for Uber and the policy he had did not cover him for this.

James River Insurance, who Uber uses, is now handling this claim. From a accident that happened on 08/13/2015 nothing has been accomplished. My car is still in the driveway unfixed and I haven't received anything for it. All this because they didn't make sure their driver had proper coverage and advised he was driving for Uber at the time of the accident. No one from Uber has reached out to see if things are getting taken care of.

I will never recommend or use Uber services until they have requirements and verification of insurance from their drivers. If any accidents happen that involve Uber document everything because it is a ridiculous process.

Quote Originally Posted by LIMOJESS View Post
    I almost got side swiped twice last year by uber drivers too.
    Both times black priuses with eyes on the phone.

Never get hit by them, you will not get paid.
    Here is a local review;

9/18/2015

This is not a review of using Uber but of their service after being in a car accident with one of their drivers who had a fare at the time.

Do to the driver stating he was not driving for Uber we filed a claim on the scene and everything was good. Fast forward to three weeks later and his insurance company denied the claim because he was driving for Uber and the policy he had did not cover him for this.

James River Insurance, who Uber uses, is now handling this claim. From a accident that happened on 08/13/2015 nothing has been accomplished. My car is still in the driveway unfixed and I haven't received anything for it. All this because they didn't make sure their driver had proper coverage and advised he was driving for Uber at the time of the accident. No one from Uber has reached out to see if things are getting taken care of.

I will never recommend or use Uber services until they have requirements and verification of insurance from their drivers. If any accidents happen that involve Uber document everything because it is a ridiculous process.
    An accident lawyer will cure this fast .

Fact.: NY State was the 1st to require hands free phones. Reason? A limo driver on a phone killed a woman and child. Uber Drivers sure as hell don't have a patent on distracted driving.
    Last edited by gunny; January 2nd, 2016 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HinsdaleLimoService View Post
    After getting crushed by Uber, NYC taxi mogul demands a government bailout

http://bgr.com/2015/04/14/uber-vs-ta...allion-prices/

Attachment 2884
    The funny thing about Uber taking business from NYC taxis is that people are still using uber over taxis when it more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by gunny View Post
    "A few minutes ago I was almost sideswiped by an Uber because he was paying attention to his phone, flipping the screen, and not paying attention to the road." - OK, how does this idiot know this unless he, himself, wasn't paying attention to the road?

"Welcome to the big leagues. Pay the price like we have been for centuries. You just don't walk in and take the food off of someone's plate and think they will just take it. Regulations and rules are put into place to protect the public. No ones afraid of competition as long as they play by the same rules!!" - Centuries huh? I know it takes minimal talent & education to run limos but, limos have been going for "hundreds" of years?

"They often give the phone to there friends and "drive all night" Uber is also the drug dealers best friend! " - This talking through her ass Uber hating moron operates in a small Florida County with no limo regulatory agency. No agency, no news of limo/taxi accidents, arrests or other incidents.
    Hey, Gunny, if you wat to quote me, go ahead, but safe driving requires you to pay attention to the other drivers around you to avoid any accidents. The road isn't going to jump out in front of you. I noticed this Uber driver driving irratically at first and then noticed he was fooling around with his phone and not paying any attention to the road or vehicles around him. I did have to swerve to avoid him hitting me. It is a part of safe driving. Maybe you don't know how to truly operate a vehicle safely. You need to always have an out.
    Last edited by BLVD Limo; January 3rd, 2016 at 11:34 PM.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Uber should find a way to only have the app work for their drivers if it's mounted on the dash board so it's legal for them to drive with it on. It shouldn't be too hard considering there's apps that disable texting, etc when you're driving. Any driver using it in their hand while driving down the road is going to cause an accident sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    Hey, Gunny, if you wat to quote me, go ahead, but safe driving requires you to pay attention to the other drivers around you to avoid any accidents. The road isn't going to jump out in front of you. I noticed this Uber driver driving irratically at first and then noticed he was fooling around with his phone and not paying any attention to the road or vehicles around him. I did have to swerve to avoid him hitting me. It is a part of safe driving. Maybe you don't know how to truly operate a vehicle safely. You need to always have an out.
    I didn't even pay attention it was you being I simply notice "Blvd" in your postings on this forum. Thought better of you to be a Whiner but honestly would of pulled back if I did know out of respect to your time here.

That said, If you saw all that was happening in that car plus somehow also deduced it was Uber (did it have a sticker or something?), you obviously wasn't following your own advice and watching the road.

My own driving skills ? I will put them up against yours any day of the week including verified defensive driving courses courtesy of Uncle Sam. You haven't truly driven a stretch until you maneuvered the streets of Manhattan.

BTW I don't see the limo whiners posting anything on limos and cabbies killing passengers and pedestrians, posting unsafe driving reports or criminal activity of these drivers. I just read continuous targeting of Uber by a select handful. Any reason for this hypocrisy?
    Last edited by gunny; January 4th, 2016 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon1 View Post
    Uber should find a way to only have the app work for their drivers if it's mounted on the dash board so it's legal for them to drive with it on. It shouldn't be too hard considering there's apps that disable texting, etc when you're driving. Any driver using it in their hand while driving down the road is going to cause an accident sooner or later.
    Thing is that Uber just announced 1 billion rides so safety doesn't seem to be an issue. Me personally? My brain isn't wired to mess with anything more complicated than a answering a flip phone while driving.

I didn't even pay attention it was you being I simply notice "Blvd" in your postings on this forum. Thought better of you to be a Whiner but honestly would of pulled back if I did know out of respect to your time here.

That said, If you saw all that was happening in that car plus somehow also deduced it was Uber (did it have a sticker or something?), you obviously wasn't following your own advice and watching the road.

My own driving skills ? I will put them up against yours any day of the week including verified defensive driving courses courtesy of Uncle Sam. You haven't truly driven a stretch until you maneuvered the streets of Manhattan.

BTW I don't see the limo whiners posting anything on limos and cabbies killing passengers and pedestrians, posting unsafe driving reports or criminal activity of these drivers. I just read continuous targeting of Uber by a select handful. Any reason for this hypocrisy?
    Gunny, anymore I could not care less about what Uber does. I have figured out they are going to be them and I am going to be me. Yes, Uber cars in KC have purple permit stickers that stand out. I wasn't paying much attention to what the driver was doing other than the fact that he had a phone stuck to his windshield and it was illuminating the inside of his car when he failed to maintain his lane. It was at the next stoplight when we were stopped that he had the Uber app open on his phone. It really wasn't more than that. It was just coincidental that he was an Uber driver. I have seem it several times from drivers of delivery trucks, steam cleaner vans, window sales reps, and even little ol' granny messing with her phone during a snow storm.

I'm really done complaining about Uber. Honestly, I think the technology is cool but I'm not so sure the company behind it is that great. With the latest round of fare cuts they just made, it looks like they are charging $0.85 a mile here in KC. I won't take them because I feel badly for the people that are abusing their cars chasing the illusion of making lots of money. I will say that a few weeks ago I had my first ride in a taxicab in KC and the driver was nice, the vehicle was clean and had no offensive odor, and it was a great experience. Maybe Uber and Lyft and the other companies have caused cabs to offer better service after all. Hmmm....there is something good Uber has done.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    KC Airport Car Service

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    I'm really done complaining about Uber. Honestly, I think the technology is cool but I'm not so sure the company behind it is that great. With the latest round of fare cuts they just made, it looks like they are charging $0.85 a mile here in KC. I won't take them because I feel badly for the people that are abusing their cars chasing the illusion of making lots of money. .
    As I reported on the FB Limo Page and here, another limo op got nailed for cheating their drivers out of rightful pay and no one seems to care. In fact, the FB post got buried under the Uber bitching posts. Same as how quickly the post about the limo driver pulling a uturn onto oncoming traffic resulting in the deaths of 4 ladies got quickly buried.

Hard to feel for hypocrites of this industry. They will get exactly what they deserve.

You are right Gunny this business has always been do as I say, not as I do. Uber figured a way to get the millennials money, they found a market and have exploited masterfully. My kids are in that group, they would no more hail a cab, but they will gladly open an app and spend away. And I wonder if the people that join Uber are that bad off, if they are looking for a way into this business without working as a chauffeur for someone else, they can get a pretty quick education. In my years behind the wheel I had plenty of companies put me out on the road for 15-20 hours a day and think nothing of it for very little pay at the end of the day. Uber is nothing more than what goes around comes around!
    I want to die while asleep like my grandfather,
    not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

As I reported on the FB Limo Page and here, another limo op got nailed for cheating their drivers out of rightful pay and no one seems to care. In fact, the FB post got buried under the Uber bitching posts. Same as how quickly the post about the limo driver pulling a uturn onto oncoming traffic resulting in the deaths of 4 ladies got quickly buried.

Hard to feel for hypocrites of this industry. They will get exactly what they deserve.
    Oh, I got slammed by someone because I said that the U-turn incident should cause us to evaluate our policies and serve as a training tool on why we shouldn't allow U-turns. I got slammed hard, then had my comment removed by the OP.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    KC Airport Car Service