Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limousines for sale!

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Default Limousines for sale!

Recently we merged with another company. We have our 2 stretches we are selling. Below are the links for our Chrysler and Lincoln stretches. We are willing to make a great deal if you buy both! Give us a call anytime to discuss a price for either or both! Both are located in Crown Point/Lowell, Indiana (located halfway between Chicago, IL and South Bend, IN).

http://limoforsale.com/limos-for-sal...ield-4805.html

http://limoforsale.com/limos-for-sal...stal-4755.html
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Blog Entries

Wow Rich you really got good usage out of that Lincoln!! Did you buy it new or how many miles did it have when you took it over!?

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenOnWheels View Post
    Wow Rich you really got good usage out of that Lincoln!! Did you buy it new or how many miles did it have when you took it over!?
    Josh, that was our first vehicle we bought when we started the company in 2008. It had 108K miles on it. We bought it from that company that would refurbish them in Arlington, TX. It was making us good money up to the day we merged (12/31/14)! Its a great car - both are really. I work for an excavation company as a dump truck driver - I've been there since 1997. I'm #1 on the seniority list for drivers, so I get good hours even in the winter. We started the limo company in 2008 because of the recession (we do mostly residential excavation which was hurt pretty bad by the recession). The limo company got us through some rough times and we were quite successful in it. We learned a lot about business and hospitality and quite frankly, found out I really like the hospitality business! As much as we would have loved to stay in the business - I didn't feel right letting go of the benefits and seniority of the excavation company. The limo company we merged with really wanted to stay with newer vehicles and so we are selling these.
    Last edited by Cedar Mill Limousine; March 27th, 2015 at 06:35 PM.
    Rich Rottier

How is that limoforsale site working for you? I see many stretch models there but would it be a good place to advertise regular sedans?

Blog Entries

Congrats on the merger Rich, I saw that on FB I believe. We recently went through a valuation process but have decided against going any further. Good luck on those limos! I am sure you will sell them.

Re limoforsale site, I have posted several party buses on there, and in conjunction with ebay, we always sell them fairly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by atikovi View Post
    How is that limoforsale site working for you? I see many stretch models there but would it be a good place to advertise regular sedans?
    Well...I always liked that site, we have bought 2 Chrysler stretches (one being the black one we are trying to sell) through that site. I really haven't had much luck finding any other sites with limousines for sale other than Ebay and craigslist (if you call the coachbuilders, often they will know of people looking to sell - we have contacted most of them and they have been great in trying to help us. Hopefully we will have the vehicle info for them this weekend as I just thought of that this week.)

Looks like both vehicles we have listed on limoforsale have about 600 views on each. That being said - after a month, we have had barely any calls on either (maybe 2 on each). I knew that the prices were a little high at first, but thought we would still get some action - after 2 weeks of very little response we dropped the price on both of them. Still no action. My wife and I were just talking last night on what to do next and she suggested to come on here and ask everyone's opinion - you could imagine my surprise when I saw this is the direction the thread has gone! So, what is everyone's opinion on the prices? I have looked everywhere I can think of and think the prices are fair, but obviously something isn't right. I can understand the LTC with the miles - but seriously, that thing has made us good money right up to the day we shut down (weddings, night-outs, airport transfers - you name it!). The Chrysler on the other hand - I thought that thing would be gone in a week - I can't tell you how many compliments we have got since we bought it - people love that car! The reason our cars have so many miles is because we are about 1 - 1.5 hours from the Chicago airports and we used them alot for airport transfers - all highway miles. So let me hear it - is the pricing too high or is there just not a demand for stretches right now?

sidenote: craigslist is free - but I found they limit you on what areas you can post in based on your area code. Also, we got a TON of scammers every time we re-list them. Havent posted on Ebay yet - we will probably put both of them on there next week - probably put the Lincoln on a straight auction with a reasonably low reserve to just get rid of it - tired of them sitting in my driveway not making any money!
    Rich Rottier

The best way to tell value is to look up completed listings on ebay and compare mileage/condition/year/etc to yours. Here is an example of some recently on ebay (green are the sold ones):

The best way for me to sell is to list it with no reserve price and start it at a penny. It will get much more attention. Many people are scared off by reserve price because you have lots of people who bought a vehicle new for $130k 2 years ago and think they are getting $120k for it. It's really just a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon1 View Post
    The best way to tell value is to look up completed listings on ebay and compare mileage/condition/year/etc to yours. Here is an example of some recently on ebay (green are the sold ones):

The best way for me to sell is to list it with no reserve price and start it at a penny. It will get much more attention. Many people are scared off by reserve price because you have lots of people who bought a vehicle new for $130k 2 years ago and think they are getting $120k for it. It's really just a waste of time.
    Thanks Brandon. I did a comp with all the listings on limoforsale and thats how I came up with the numbers. With the Chrysler ones you just posted: all for sale averaged $23K (with leaving out the SUV and the one for $60K) and the ones sold averaged at $19,680. I would say what we are asking is a good start number...maybe Ebay is just the way to go. Thanks for the hints on the reserve!
    Rich Rottier

Brandon: anything I should know or look out for when listing on Ebay? We have never sold a vehicle on there before.
    Rich Rottier

I think marketing is key like anything else. Post many high quality pictures / video and post as much details as possible along with a phone number for you to be contacted with. Here's my hummer listed on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/331517456193...84.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271837174762...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Well, we listed it on eBay. Brandon - no disrespect, but I had to listen to a higher power (my wife)...she said had to have a reserve and she wanted it listed ASAP...so I didn't have time to do a video. I plan on doing a video for the Chrysler when we auction that one.
    Rich Rottier

Alright, the Chrysler stretch is going back on eBay - no reserve, starting price $19,500. Auction ends Sunday night - any questions, please just give me a call - 219.808.0976!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271873570163...84.m1555.l2648
    Rich Rottier

Both stretches are back on eBay (both have had multiple offers that have fallen through). We have lowered the price for both (and both with no reserve) and included a video for each in their respective descriptions. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me through the personal contact information in my signature.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271892518896...84.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271892514394...84.m1555.l2649
    Rich Rottier

Blog Entries

You should do a buy one get one free offer.
    The lincoln with that many miles does not have any value for another limo company. The chrysler is still worth good money and i will just throw in the lincoln as part of the deal.