Thread: Air suspension on a non QVM limo...

Default Air suspension on a non QVM limo...

Does anybody know how to fit a air suspension harness on a non QVN limo. I have a 140" Lincoln Town car in my fleet with springs as rear suspension. I would like to get back to the smooth air ride. The previous owner has throught out the rear harness. As it's not a QVM chassis (1LN), does the harness that goes from the main plug in the trunk (C 405) to the solenoids, could be a sedan version or should it be a Limo (1L1) ? Thanks for your help.

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

the only difference in the air suspension from a sedan to a limo is the strength of the bags all the wiring harnesses are still the same you can strip an old sedan and it would work fine. Then order a set of heavy duty air bags from Arnott.

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast View Post
    the only difference in the air suspension from a sedan to a limo is the strength of the bags all the wiring harnesses are still the same you can strip an old sedan and it would work fine. Then order a set of heavy duty air bags from Arnott.
    fyi: O'Reilly's sells Arnott bags - make sure to ask for the limousine version. 1/2 the price that FORD dealerships sell them for and they are better bags (Arnott = metal base, FORD = plastic base and Arnott bags are thicker too).
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Yea I bought 2 new 'limo' airbags from Arnott and 6 months later one of them failed. The base came apart from the bag. Cost me a lot of money. Lousy product. Try another brand or just get the ones from Ford, if you can get them in France. Good luck.

Great Thanks to all ! I will work on it. Yes, I have several air bags heavy duty in stock ...I will use it ! In my research I found that the wiring is only different for the L version considering the wiring for the air suspension switch . Because of the longer door the wiring should be different ...that's all . But on the wiring diagram it says "Limousine" which is incorrect and should be read as "L version" to be more specific ...

suncoreindustries.com A reliable source for airbags.
    Bill Payne
    American Limousine, LLC
    Lake Wylie, SC
    Celebrating 9 years of superior service to the Charlotte, NC market. Serving corporate and individual clients with sedans, vans and limousines.

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LGAL View Post
    Yea I bought 2 new 'limo' airbags from Arnott and 6 months later one of them failed. The base came apart from the bag. Cost me a lot of money. Lousy product. Try another brand or just get the ones from Ford, if you can get them in France. Good luck.
    Have had the Arnott bags on one of our cars for 80K miles now and no issues.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy01 View Post
    suncoreindustries.com A reliable source for airbags.
    Yes we use these Bags, and we have never had any troubles
    Badger State Limousine Service
    "When nothing less than perfection will do"
    (414)-GO-GO-RED (414)-464-6733
    www. BADGERSTATELIMO.com

http://www.Badgerstatelimo.com
    http://www.MILWAUKEEWISCONSINLIMO.com