Thread: 2015 Excursion limo?

Default 2015 Excursion limo?

Thinking about building a Excursion Limo out of a 2015 F250 pickup and a used Excursion rear. Could do the whole thing for under 90k, not bad for a 2015 limo.
    Pinnacle would stretch it. What do you guys think?

A friend of mine built one with a 2009 F250 and an Excursion rear end a few years back and it came out great. It was built by Springfield which is now out of business. He still has it. My concern about doing this today is the that the last year Excursion was built was 2005, which would make it outdated to the average customer calling. I currently have a 2001 Excursion limo that I recently purchased, and I haven't had a chance to put it on my website yet. When I tell the customer what it is, a lot of them can't relate to what I'm saying cause they don't know what it is. On the other hand, this car still does well for an older limo. I think 90k for an outdated body style is way too much money even if it is a new conversion. If you are set on buying an Excursion, there are many good used low mile Excursions for sale for less than half the money. If you must have a brand new unit, I'd go with a suburban or Escalade. You can even buy a new Suburban chassis and put an Escalade front clip on it so it looks like an Escalade for not much more than the money you are talking about for an Excursion. Just my 2 cents.
    Dan Repass
    Celebrity & BOSS Limousine
    Lexington, KY
    859-255-LIMO
    www.255LIMO.COM

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

I think it is a great idea. The F 250 chassis is heavy duty so it will handle the weight with no problem. If you do a single window 200" it will look as good if not better than an Escalade. We still run our 05 Excursion and everyone loves it. If someone doesn't know what it is once they see it they love it. I would stay away from anything GM builds. This is a mechanic speaking GM builds crap and have for a long time. If you are looking for a long term investment then I would go for it.

What about a Navigator stretch? I saw a brand new one the other day and it was beautiful. And I agree with Mike. Much rather have a Ford product over GM.

Well I finally made a decision, went with a Yukon XL. Really wanted the 2015 Excursion/ F250 conversion, but since I'm buying it for the customers, not myself, decided to go with the Yukon. Passed on Suburban, too generic of a brand, same as Expedition, passed on Escalade, just too expensive. Going with Springfield/Imperial or whatever they call themselves this week. Picked them because they're closer, cheaper, and they do wood bars. Also they have a A/C system with enclosed return air ducts, supposed to help, will see. Gonna do knee to knee with bar backs and a short bar by one door and another short bar midway. Want to leave the door area open, with a U seat in the back for 4 with a wall in back and a storage/luggage area in the very back. Should seat 18 adults, figuring 20" per person.Cant decide on the disco floor. I don't care for them, but customers might.
    Never had knee to knee all the way down, is it a good choice? Any comments,opinions welcome. Also 2008 ECB Accolade will be for sale.
    /c

Quote Originally Posted by excaliberlimo View Post
    Well I finally made a decision, went with a Yukon XL. Really wanted the 2015 Excursion/ F250 conversion, but since I'm buying it for the customers, not myself, decided to go with the Yukon. Passed on Suburban, too generic of a brand, same as Expedition, passed on Escalade, just too expensive. Going with Springfield/Imperial or whatever they call themselves this week. Picked them because they're closer, cheaper, and they do wood bars. Also they have a A/C system with enclosed return air ducts, supposed to help, will see. Gonna do knee to knee with bar backs and a short bar by one door and another short bar midway. Want to leave the door area open, with a U seat in the back for 4 with a wall in back and a storage/luggage area in the very back. Should seat 18 adults, figuring 20" per person.Cant decide on the disco floor. I don't care for them, but customers might.
    Never had knee to knee all the way down, is it a good choice? Any comments,opinions welcome. Also 2008 ECB Accolade will be for sale.
    /c
    One of my top affiliates has a white 18 pax 2015 with the jet door(s)... My recommendation is the change the grill to the Denali style which he did and promote it as a Denali. I believe it moves every week.

Blog Entries

I would use a Suburban and do the Denali grill. At least with the Suburban you get a 2500 suspension as the Yukon is only a 1500. This is not adequate for a 20 passenger. Good luck. I would love to see some pictures and hear about the progress and the build quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast View Post
    I would use a Suburban and do the Denali grill. At least with the Suburban you get a 2500 suspension as the Yukon is only a 1500. This is not adequate for a 20 passenger. Good luck. I would love to see some pictures and hear about the progress and the build quality.
    Unfortunately,the 2500 Suburban is not available in 2015, only the 1500.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast View Post
    WOW! That's it allright, same dealer plate, they just delivered it today. Thanks!

DAMN, that looks pretty DAMN COOL !!

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenOnWheels View Post
    That is going to look very nice! Congrats!
    THANKS! Still on the fence about a disco floor, any opinions?

Could be too much bling, people looking for elegance might think it's tacky.
    Would it be so bright it would kill the fiber optic lighting?
    What about scratches?
    What's it look like in the daytime?

Carpet is out, so is real wood, too high maintenance, how about wood finish vinyl?

Blog Entries

I like carpet. The disco floor will scratch easy. I have seen how they look when drinks get spilled and it gets wet under the plexy. Plus it is slippery when wet. Just what you don't want someone slipping and falling. I would stick with carpet.

We have a disco floor in our F-350 Super Duty and the appearance is amazing, however it has a clear protective plastic kind of like what you would see on a convertible top back window, it does protect it from scratches and spills but does not last very long and needs to be replaced about every 6-8 months. In our Triple axle Hummer it was also built with a disco floor but was removed and replaced with a wood grain linolium, this vinyl floor is absolutely the best flooring we have ever had in a limo! It cleans up like brand new every time regardless of how much mud, sand, spills, chewing gum, vomit or anything else you can throw at it. We will be using this type of flooring on any new builds from now on.