Thread: Happy birthday dean schuler!!!

Default Happy birthday dean schuler!!!

My friend and mentor, Dean Schuler would have turned 61 years old today. Deano, I still run the company just the way you taught me. Not realizing it was your birthday today, I counseled a chauffeur yesterday who whined about not getting to drive clients he knew requested him.

I told him, "About 20 years ago, my mentor, Dean Schuler told me to never let a chauffeur or a client DEMAND the same chauffeur/client assignments. They are to be treated as REQUESTS, not DEMANDS! If you allow one chauffeur to drive the same client over and over, if that chauffeur jumps ship to another company, your client will follow."

Even though you are gone Dean, I feel that you are still watching over me and I don't ever do anything unethical or wrong because I feel that I would disappoint you.

Happy Birthday! See you again someday. You have left a legacy behind and will always be considered an icon in this business.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Jim,

That is an excellent piece of advice. I had never even considered that!
    Andrew Armitage
    Vintage Chauffeuring LLC
    Andrew@VintageChauffeuring.com
    www.VintageChauffeuring.com

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Scene View Post
    My friend and mentor, Dean Schuler would have turned 61 years old today. Deano, I still run the company just the way you taught me. Not realizing it was your birthday today, I counseled a chauffeur yesterday who whined about not getting to drive clients he knew requested him.

I told him, "About 20 years ago, my mentor, Dean Schuler told me to never let a chauffeur or a client DEMAND the same chauffeur/client assignments. They are to be treated as REQUESTS, not DEMANDS! If you allow one chauffeur to drive the same client over and over, if that chauffeur jumps ship to another company, your client will follow."

Even though you are gone Dean, I feel that you are still watching over me and I don't ever do anything unethical or wrong because I feel that I would disappoint you.

Happy Birthday! See you again someday. You have left a legacy behind and will always be considered an icon in this business.
    Very well said my friend! Dean and I did quite a bit of business together and I still refer to Carey New Orleans as Dean's company. The good people he hired are still there today running a very tight ship just like he taught them.

Love hearing that Wade. I sure do miss him!!!!
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com