Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jet Door Yes or No

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

Default Jet Door Yes or No

we are thinking about having a new limo built and having a jet door installed. it will be a 2014 Dodge Charger with a single jet door on the right side in the center. I was hoping to get some feedback on guys that have done a similar build. Are there any problems with the doors that I should know about or is it just a bad idea? the stretch will be done by Frank at Pinnacle .

From people who have had them I've heard they always end up leaking and need to be fixed. If you do it, I would get some kind of guarantee that you won't have problems with that and what they will do if you do have problems. Obviously you don't want to ship your vehicle across the country to fix it each time.

I have heard of limos with jet doors having roof integrity problems...as in they start buckling around the door.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Ask Josh Roman, I think he has a few cars with them. Also Denver Limo does
    Jerry Thomas

Blog Entries

The more I think about it maybe it's just not worth it. I would think all it takes is one drunk walking in to it or thinking it's a swing to mess it up. I would love to hear from anyone who has one.

Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    KC Airport Car Service

I cannot be the only person here that thinks there is something funny with this guy. Always short responses, sometimes not even relating to the subject matter. Is this the return of Ferntree Gully?
    Last edited by BLVD Limo; October 3rd, 2014 at 08:37 AM.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    KC Airport Car Service

I've noticed it too. I wasn't sure if he was just posting to increase links to his website or get his post count up or something. But I'll take him any day over FamilyLimo.
    Andrew Armitage
    Vintage Chauffeuring LLC
    Andrew@VintageChauffeuring.com
    www.VintageChauffeuring.com

It seems like a jet or gullwing door would be a hassle to open and close every time 2 or 3 people get in or out of the limo - and to leaving it open for 10 minutes or more waiting for everyone to get in or out would require perfect weather. Sure would be a hit with passengers though, especially if you had the only one in town.

Blog Entries

Thank you all for the feedback. Excaliberlimo, if there is one thing we don't have in FL is perfect weather. It has been raining everyday now for about 6 weeks, with high winds too. It seems that the jet door isn't such a great idea. The whole idea was to stand out and be able to offer something that no one else in our area has. But for the long term investment sounds like more of a pain in the a$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast View Post
    Thank you all for the feedback. Excaliberlimo, if there is one thing we don't have in FL is perfect weather. It has been raining everyday now for about 6 weeks, with high winds too. It seems that the jet door isn't such a great idea. The whole idea was to stand out and be able to offer something that no one else in our area has. But for the long term investment sounds like more of a pain in the a$$.
    Even if the doors were great and didn't cause problems I highly doubt you will get very many extra bookings because of having jet doors. You need something really unique that people want for that. I was able to get many many extra bookings from having a pink party bus when I first got one. That was years ago and now there's 5 other pink buses in my area but it was something unique that people really wanted.

Blog Entries

Most of the pink limos are located in Europe. Something about the ladies there wanting it. I would still like to go with neutral colors, ie black and white.

I had a limo with lambo doors and every two months we had to adjust them. Finally changed it back to the normal hinges.
    Last edited by LIMOJESS; October 10th, 2014 at 02:40 PM.

Default Limos with lambo doors

You would be surprised how much lambo doors can add to your bookings. Maybe not so much for weddings but prom rates skyrocket when you have these doors. From my experience, you can easily charge 15-20% more for a limo with lambo door.

When it comes to problems with such doors, only the once in Infinity leak unfortunately

I have two such limos. One is Chrysler 300 and another is Infinity.

Chicago-Chrysler-300-Limousine-01.jpg
    infinity-q56-suv-limo-01-exterior-view.jpg

V.T. @ Sretch Limousine, Inc.