Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can I get an Amen

Sounds like you're just trying to divert the negative attention off of yourself and on to someone else. If you read Jim's posts in the past he's very into giving back to the community and doing charity work. I'd be willing to bet that he provides much more than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougars 2 go View Post
    How do the owner/operators handle what they perceive to be difficult clients? I know "difficult" can be any number of scenarios but generally speaking, what are the goals of your operations when it comes to the variety of customers that can be perceived from your side as difficult, contentious and so forth?
    I try to figure out how to replace difficult clients with better ones. The best way to get rid of difficult clients is to provide a better quality service and charge more money. This has to be done by increased marketing efforts. People who are willing to pay a premium for better service are usually the best clients you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon1 View Post
    Sounds like you're just trying to divert the negative attention off of yourself and on to someone else. If you read Jim's posts in the past he's very into giving back to the community and doing charity work. I'd be willing to bet that he provides much more than you.
    Brandon you are right. I would say that Jim probably does more for charity than anyone I know (personally or professionally).
    Jerry Thomas

FamilyLimo has been officially banned from posting here. I do not think that non-operators being members is a problem. Many come here to learn more about A/C systems, overheating problems, alternator problems and similar issues without the caustic comments. His last comments to members here was the final straw for me. Thanks for the support you guys and the kind comments. Let's move forward after one last collective and final - AMEN!!
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Adios loser.
    Andrew Armitage
    Vintage Chauffeuring LLC
    Andrew@VintageChauffeuring.com
    www.VintageChauffeuring.com

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Scene View Post
    FamilyLimo has been officially banned from posting here. I do not think that non-operators being members is a problem. Many come here to learn more about A/C systems, overheating problems, alternator problems and similar issues without the caustic comments. His last comments to members here was the final straw for me. Thanks for the support you guys and the kind comments. Let's move forward after one last collective and final - AMEN!!
    Amen Brother
    Jerry Thomas

Hope he is gone for good, but its easy to hide behind a computer by reregistering under another name.
    Dan Repass
    Celebrity & BOSS Limousine
    Lexington, KY
    859-255-LIMO
    www.255LIMO.COM

Quote Originally Posted by Celebritylimoky View Post
    Hope he is gone for good, but its easy to hide behind a computer by reregistering under another name.
    True Dan, but it won't be long before everyone will realize who it is. Can't fix stupid! The website shouldn't be just operators others have views to offer. I am currently not an operator, but I have been a chauffeur, a manager and an owner I do enjoy keeping up on what's going on. Never know maybe one day I will jump back in.
    I want to die while asleep like my grandfather,
    not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

Default I agree everyone should be and IS welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Wire View Post
    True Dan, but it won't be long before everyone will realize who it is. Can't fix stupid! The website shouldn't be just operators others have views to offer. I am currently not an operator, but I have been a chauffeur, a manager and an owner I do enjoy keeping up on what's going on. Never know maybe one day I will jump back in.
    I too agree that everyone should be welcome. I can"t tell you how many times I have received good solid advise form someone who is not an operator. The sad thing is family had some good things to bring to the table, but for whatever the reason he always felt the need to belittle other folks. I too do my fair share of charity work, but I choose not to make it public. I believe one will get more personal gratification by performing charity services and not bragging about it. I don't feel the need to brag to look good, and to me that takes all the fun out of it. Kinda like dropping an extra grand in the offering plate and nobody knows where it came from, but guess what, HE KNOWS
    Dan
    Dan Repass
    Lexington, KY
    859-255-LIMO
    www.255LIMO.COM

Thank you sweet baby Jesus! It was almost impossible to post anything on this forum without being attacked! Now maybe things will get back to business!

AMEN AMEN AMEN............
    Last edited by Nite2RememberLimo; August 8th, 2014 at 10:07 AM.

Blog Entries

Thank you Jim, it was getting unbearable.
    Badger State Limousine Service
    "When nothing less than perfection will do"
    (414)-GO-GO-RED (414)-464-6733
    www. BADGERSTATELIMO.com

http://www.Badgerstatelimo.com
    http://www.MILWAUKEEWISCONSINLIMO.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cougars 2 go View Post
    How do the owner/operators handle what they perceive to be difficult clients? I know "difficult" can be any number of scenarios but generally speaking, what are the goals of your operations when it comes to the variety of customers that can be perceived from your side as difficult, contentious and so forth?
    GOAL? Obviously keep them but when THEY have caused me to "fire them" - I try to be as clear, yet as gentle and diplomatic as I can with regard to the reason why. I have a knack for responding in a way that 90% of the time, they agree with me.

I have had about 4 customers that I have politely suggested they go elsewhere. Reasons? Rude/cursing with a driver, rude/cursing with office staff, continuously giving incorrect flight arrival dates or times; (ex: red eye arrival and they give us the departure date and not the arrival date, and they refuse to email their itinerary for us to verify it); we have some college students, especially the foreign ones - who think it is not a big deal to make a reservation then cancel - then rebook, then cancel. One of them I finally read the riot act about this, since it is 1 1/2 hours one way to the airport for us. Well, I know his soccer coach so I told the kid that if he did it again, "I'd call Coach blah blah." He didn't do it after that and has been fine ever since.

Had a snitty lawyer from town here once spend too much time in the passenger lounge getting tipsy at O'Hare; missed her flight to PIT - arrival was scheduled for 7:30 pm and she called us at 7:40 pm to say, "Oh not on that flight now coming in at 11:15 pm" - well, I had to make the the driver SIT there for 4 hours, as I didn't have another trip to use him on and rather than come back and leave again, it made more sense to have him wait. Next time she booked, I told her assistant I was forcing a surcharge for a private ride, because if she couldn't find it important enough to call us on a flight change, then I couldn't afford to pay someone to sit and wait on her - well, lawyer didn't like that, sent me an email saying she'd never use us anymore; which frankly, for 4 am pickups and her $ 5 tips, none of us cried about that. Good luck finding another service. Two years later she books again; probably burned the next service as well.
    Renee E. Dorsey
    Airport Limousine Service, Inc.
    Transporting passengers since 1964
    Wheeling, West Virginia

304-232-1175
    800-326-2907
    info@wheelinglimo.com

Yes, I am aware he could re-register under a different name but if I suspect that, I will enlist Gunny's help who is a pro at sniffing out IP addresses used in the past and we will ban the IP address as well. AND....if he does come back, I tiger never changes his stripes so his caustic attitude would be easily recognizable.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Default This is true

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Scene View Post
    Yes, I am aware he could re-register under a different name but if I suspect that, I will enlist Gunny's help who is a pro at sniffing out IP addresses used in the past and we will ban the IP address as well. AND....if he does come back, I tiger never changes his stripes so his caustic attitude would be easily recognizable.
    How well I know this
    tiger never changes his stripes
    Dan Repass
    Lexington, KY
    859-255-LIMO
    www.255LIMO.COM

Quote Originally Posted by Nite2RememberLimo View Post
    Thank you sweet baby Jesus! It was almost impossible to post anything on this forum without being attacked! Now maybe things will get back to business!

AMEN AMEN AMEN............
    There ya go having to bring religion into it. Why can't you encompass all religions and not just Christianity? Geez.

:-P Just kidding! I didn't want you to go without feeling attacked.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service