Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can I get an Amen

Default Time for family to go

Quote Originally Posted by limo scene View Post
    lgal, yes, i did put him on a "time out" for a period of a couple weeks for attacking and insulting a valued forum member after i asked him to tone it down. I am seeing loud and clear that his big baller comments, his argumentative nature etc. Does not sit well with the membership here.

Anyone else want to comment about this? Last call? So far i haven't seen one response in support. Anyone? Anyone at all? Metroguy2012.......i'll argue and debate with you if you want. Pick a subject and lets go!!!
    amen!!
    Dan Repass
    Celebrity & BOSS Limousine
    Lexington, KY
    859-255-LIMO
    www.255LIMO.COM

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Scene View Post
    LGAL, Yes, I did put him on a "time out" for a period of a couple weeks for attacking and insulting a valued forum member after I asked him to tone it down. I am seeing loud and clear that his big baller comments, his argumentative nature etc. does not sit well with the membership here.

Anyone else want to comment about this? Last call? So far I haven't seen one response in support. Anyone? Anyone at all? Metroguy2012.......I'll argue and debate with you if you want. Pick a subject and lets go!!!
    I'm all for freedom of speech so I honestly don't care either way if he remains an active member here or not. I didn't call for the banishment!

He is a great user to take frustrations out on. The forum punching bag if you will.

A "time out" is fine by me. Sounds like a fair and appropriate measure.

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyLimo View Post
    Dude, you're obviously not good at correlation. When I am not on here stirring up the pot, there's no one on here saying anything about anything. I left for a few months because I was playing with a new car (sorry I make a lot of money, go ahead and hate me for that), and the whole site went to 1 post per week.

When I am here correcting your mistakes and teaching you something, everyone wakes up to dive in. Then all the threads come to life.

They should pay me per post.

So you better Amen to me brother!
    Dude,

#1 No one is here because you still are

#2 You need to go back to playing with your cars

#3 No wealth envy here. Why do you always think people hate you for your money? And why do you always feel the need to tell us you make a lot? I'm sure there are quite a few here that have more than you do, but they don't feel the need to ever mention it. And by the way, I'll compare financials with you at any time.

#4 I don't think you have ever corrected a mistake I made, and damn sure haven't taught me anything.
    Jerry Thomas

Frankly, he is amusing to me - but then again, I am amused by individuals who are as self absorbed as he appears to be online. I mean, really - how do we KNOW anything about this guy? He could be a 13 year old kid, or he could be a sad, 40-something fat, balding little man with no girlfriend, living in mom's basement.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks" . They usually fall hard, eventually.
    Renee E. Dorsey
    Airport Limousine Service, Inc.
    Transporting passengers since 1964
    Wheeling, West Virginia

304-232-1175
    800-326-2907
    info@wheelinglimo.com

Amen!!!!!!!

Now, as a moderator, I can banish him forever if that's what the majority of the members would like. I have mentioned before, the intention of this forum is for OPERATORS to share information, ideas etc. Family Limo is just some dude that bought a limo for fun, provides service to Make-A-Wish, taking the jobs away from a legitimate operator serving his area and I won't hold back when I say....GOOD RIDDANCE is long overdue but I have to have at least 25 "votes" to banish him. I will assume the "amens" posted have had enough as I have long ago.
    Is he not welcome because of his tone/word choice or because he's not an operator?

I'm in the non-operator camp so if that's the cause for banishment, all non-operators, those considering and/or preparing for the business and the like would then no longer be welcome to participate in this forum.

Although the forum software lists me as a "member" I have always viewed my "membership" here as a guest with the ability to post. I also view this as a professional forum, much more so than the "Professional Car Society Forum" for obvious reasons.

How are trolls defined here and what is the policy for them?

Cougars, as far as I'm concerned, you may not be an operator, but you are still a member here. You came here and asked questions, and when you got answers, you didn't tell that person how stupid they were, and how much smarter you are than them. And, you have contributed to several conversations as well. True, it is for operators, but everyone is welcome if they come in and act respectable. Just my opinion for what it's worth. Actually, I guess I am a guest here now also since I sold my business a few months ago. Maybe I should just leave. Hmmm....
    Jerry Thomas

Greg K isn't an operator and I would say when he posts he contributes more than anyone else on here. He put's a lot of time and detail into giving people feedback. Companies would charge big money to give the feedback he gives on here for free.

No time to read all your replies, but did you notice the extra activity on this site all of a sudden??

It was stone dead before I posted.

provides service to Make-A-Wish, taking the jobs away from a legitimate operator serving his area
    Special place in hell waiting for people like you, Jim. Do you put in your marketing that you are against people donating their personal time and resources to help dying children feel a little better because it might hurt your profits?

The things these children and their families have endured is heartbreaking, and you just see them as f'ing $$ signs.

These children are not for your greedy profit.

Disgusting.
    Last edited by FamilyLimo; August 6th, 2014 at 10:48 PM.

LGAL, Yes, I did put him on a "time out" for a period of a couple weeks for attacking and insulting a valued forum member after I asked him to tone it down. I am seeing loud and clear that his big baller comments, his argumentative nature etc. does not sit well with the membership here.

Anyone else want to comment about this? Last call? So far I haven't seen one response in support. Anyone? Anyone at all? Metroguy2012.......I'll argue and debate with you if you want. Pick a subject and lets go!!!
    Jim, you have my support. FL obviously doesn't have any respect for other forum members.
    Andy
    937-620-9120
    937-524-5899 (office)
    Dunlap Limousine, LLC
    http://www.dunlaplimo.com

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyLimo View Post
    Special place in hell waiting for people like you, Jim. Do you put in your marketing that you are against people donating their personal time and resources to help dying children feel a little better because it might hurt your profits?

The things these children and their families have endured is heartbreaking, and you just see them as f'ing $$ signs.

These children are not for your greedy profit.

Disgusting.
    So how do you feel about funeral homes comrade? Making all that money from grieving families!
    Andrew Armitage
    Vintage Chauffeuring LLC
    Andrew@VintageChauffeuring.com
    www.VintageChauffeuring.com

Here is what I have learned about online forums such as this one. I used to be an active participant on a very active forum called ablackhorse.com. Basically it catered mainly to the arabian horse community and was an offshoot of another forum - awhitehorse.com (how original!) by a guy who was banned from AWH. It was a literal beehive of activity because of the forum owner, "Giuseppe" aka Tom Z. The controversy is what drove the hits and drove the money. But it was a train wreck some days; people getting into squabbles, stabbing other people in the back, one and on. Then the forum owner would actually get rude with people and it was like watching an online version of Gladiator. Eventually, he had banned so many people that disagreed with him that all the "fun" people were gone. The forum basically died except for a few loyal toadies. It might still be going, but maybe 10 to 20 posts a day now/ instead of hundreds.

My take on it was this: People would NEVER have had the balls to talk to other people the way they did, face to face. So my advice it to ALWAYS remember that even though you might have a pseudonym and don't use your real name, one day through the craziest circumstances, you might run into that person you were rude/nasty to and have to eat crow. The horse biz is large yet very "connected" - much like this one. Don't do or say anything that you might regret one day, because it WILL come back and bite you in the ass. I saw it happen and I've seen farms destroyed by it. The mouth is a powerful thing, for good and bad.
    Renee E. Dorsey
    Airport Limousine Service, Inc.
    Transporting passengers since 1964
    Wheeling, West Virginia

304-232-1175
    800-326-2907
    info@wheelinglimo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Limos View Post
    So how do you feel about funeral homes comrade? Making all that money from grieving families!
    Nice try to divert the issue to protect "one of your own." Let's try it this way comrade: How do you feel about all the volunteers in this world helping the sick, the poor, and needy? Does it piss you off to no end that they are taking revenue and profits from some businessman somewhere?? Do you hate those people deep down inside??

If so, you need help.

Quote Originally Posted by Whglimo View Post
    Here is what I have learned about online forums such as this one. I used to be an active participant on a very active forum called ablackhorse.com. Basically it catered mainly to the arabian horse community and was an offshoot of another forum - awhitehorse.com (how original!) by a guy who was banned from AWH. It was a literal beehive of activity because of the forum owner, "Giuseppe" aka Tom Z. The controversy is what drove the hits and drove the money. But it was a train wreck some days; people getting into squabbles, stabbing other people in the back, one and on. Then the forum owner would actually get rude with people and it was like watching an online version of Gladiator. Eventually, he had banned so many people that disagreed with him that all the "fun" people were gone. The forum basically died except for a few loyal toadies. It might still be going, but maybe 10 to 20 posts a day now/ instead of hundreds.

My take on it was this: People would NEVER have had the balls to talk to other people the way they did, face to face. So my advice it to ALWAYS remember that even though you might have a pseudonym and don't use your real name, one day through the craziest circumstances, you might run into that person you were rude/nasty to and have to eat crow. The horse biz is large yet very "connected" - much like this one. Don't do or say anything that you might regret one day, because it WILL come back and bite you in the ass. I saw it happen and I've seen farms destroyed by it. The mouth is a powerful thing, for good and bad.
    Sage advice. What has been said has been said. Jim can't undo what he said in a public forum. Very upsetting as he is someone of stature in the business and he should be held to a higher standard than bashing people that volunteer.

How do the owner/operators handle what they perceive to be difficult clients? I know "difficult" can be any number of scenarios but generally speaking, what are the goals of your operations when it comes to the variety of customers that can be perceived from your side as difficult, contentious and so forth?