Thread: Return of the TownCar?

Default Return of the TownCar?

Recently had a conversation with a Lincoln dealer who has a great livery business. He inferred (after I made some negative references to the MK*s) 2016 would see a return of the LTC, but at much higher stickers.

Anyone else heard anything about this?
    Bill Payne
    American Limousine, LLC
    Lake Wylie, SC
    Celebrating 9 years of superior service to the Charlotte, NC market. Serving corporate and individual clients with sedans, vans and limousines.

Years ago, they were toying with the idea of a modern throwback to the 60's era Continentals with suicide doors. I saw a concept at a car show back in 2012 I think. Maybe earlier.
    They pull that off with elegant distinction... wow. With the boomer population nearing retirement age, that may have a chance.

Hopefully true. There are plenty of pictures of the concept car online. Beautiful big sedan and who doesn't love those suicide doors!

I can't wait for the new Towncar livery sedan. These cars were workhorses. I still have few of them in a fleet and recently two hit 500k mile mark. Surely, transmission had to be rebuilt at about 300-350k miles but still there is nothing comparable to the old good LTC on a market these days.

That would be wonderful. Our Tcs last forever and our attempt at a Chrysler 300 resulted in top end problems at 100K miles

It's a shame the Chrysler 300 cannot hack anything long term mechanically; such a good looking car but no longevity.
    Renee E. Dorsey
    Airport Limousine Service, Inc.
    Transporting passengers since 1964
    Wheeling, West Virginia

304-232-1175
    800-326-2907
    info@wheelinglimo.com

Never liked Chrysler and would not even bother using any of there products in any kind of real commercial application.
    Had a 1999 Chrysler 300M and those cars at 100,000 miles are pretty much toast.

That would be nice but I wonder how high the sticker price is going to be.
    Estera Semeniuc
    805-285-2805
    Crulimos.com

The MKT is a minivan with swinging doors instead of sliding doors. A full size Lincoln flagship car would be nice.
    Last edited by Cougars 2 go; August 25th, 2015 at 08:44 PM.

I've always said the the Lincoln Towncar is the best limo on the planet. We have had several and never had any issues. Please bring back the reliable tank!
    A better rental experience™
    TayloredLimousines.com