Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel gauge reports higher

Well, for what it's worth I have a very cheap solution. This happened to us many moons ago with two minivans in our shuttle fleet. They were Pontiac Montanas - gag me - and both of them had fuel gauges that quit working. TOTALLY - so you never knew how much you had. Our rule is that every driver fills up every vehicle at the end of a trip so the next driver is ready to go. To replace the stupid gauge was over $ 500 so we put a small notebook in the van where each driver had to mark date, amount of fuel, name, etc. So the guy going out could check and know it had been done. If you are getting fuel and not having a pump issue, this works.

OK - I see where Andy sorta said a similar thing. Great minds think alike!
    Renee E. Dorsey
    Airport Limousine Service, Inc.
    Transporting passengers since 1964
    Wheeling, West Virginia

304-232-1175
    800-326-2907
    info@wheelinglimo.com

For over 2 years we did the exact thing. I told all drivers to reset the trip odometer after each fillup, once it reached 200 miles on odometer, it was time to fill up. This can has a 30 gallon tank, so at 200 miles even with a lot of idle time, we never had to worry about running out of fuel.
    Dan Repass
    Celebrity & BOSS Limousine
    Lexington, KY
    859-255-LIMO
    www.255LIMO.COM

Quote Originally Posted by Celebritylimoky View Post
    For over 2 years we did the exact thing. I told all drivers to reset the trip odometer after each fillup, once it reached 200 miles on odometer, it was time to fill up. This can has a 30 gallon tank, so at 200 miles even with a lot of idle time, we never had to worry about running out of fuel.
    We already spent a good $700 with replacing a various things. I think I am keeping this car for 2 more years, and I will follow this path. Sometime adjustments are easier than a full repair.

~Dee

Blog Entries

I have purchased 2 fuel pumps for one of my Lincolns that had this issue, turned out the first one from Auto Zone was bad, it pumped but the gauge didn't work. as long as she is getting fuel set your trip, this has been mentioned by all the AWESOME Veterans on this Forum.
    Badger State Limousine Service
    "When nothing less than perfection will do"
    (414)-GO-GO-RED (414)-464-6733
    www. BADGERSTATELIMO.com

http://www.Badgerstatelimo.com
    http://www.MILWAUKEEWISCONSINLIMO.com