Thread: Replacing non-QVM axle by a QVM on a TC 04

Default Replacing non-QVM axle by a QVM on a TC 04

Does anybody would have suggestion to change a non-QVM rear axle for a QVM axle on a TC 04 140" ? If anyone knows such axle in Florida to sell (second hand) close to Miami ...that's would be great.
    Thanks for your help .

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlimo View Post
    Does anybody would have suggestion to change a non-QVM rear axle for a QVM axle on a TC 04 140" ? If anyone knows such axle in Florida to sell (second hand) close to Miami ...that's would be great.
    Thanks for your help .
    I wonder if an axle from a police car or an F-150 pickup is what you need? If so, it will be a lot easier and cheaper to find.

Are you talking just the axle shaft or the whole axle assembly? I don't think axle shafts are interchangeable, you should be able to use a used F150 axle assembly providing both vehicles have disk brakes, might not be a bolt on, but pretty sure QVM does use F150 axle assemblies.

Blog Entries

If it a non qvm axle then you should have no problems. Just buy the axels from the dealer. The best way to buy is to give them your vin# and also buy the seals at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by LIMOJESS View Post
    If it a non qvm axle then you should have no problems. Just buy the axels from the dealer. The best way to buy is to give them your vin# and also buy the seals at the same time.
    Thanks for your answer but I would need not only the axle because the brake hose are also not the same and the hand brake shoes are not the same also (they are bigger on limos) . As I know from 2003 Lincoln has new rear axle upgraded for only the limos so I realy don't know if it comes from F150 and police car as it was for the 2000 model (drums insted of disc)...