Thread: kraystal air door motor

Default kraystal air door motor

A friend has a problem with a K28 air door, either called a air door motor or actuator, about the size of a Foster's beer can. Says it costs 5k to replace. Anyone have any experience with this kind of problem? thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by LIMOJESS View Post
    Krystal is where he got the quote for $5,000.00, It must be gold plated.

Quote Originally Posted by excaliberlimo View Post
    A friend has a problem with a K28 air door, either called a air door motor or actuator, about the size of a Foster's beer can. Says it costs 5k to replace. Anyone have any experience with this kind of problem? thanks in advance.
    Does it look something like this?
    http://www.creativebussales.com/bus_...?pn=2588013C91

Can you see it to read any markings or part numbers. Really doubt Krystal custom made one, so that part must available from someone else.

If not, maybe it's cheaper to convert to electric:
    http://www.vapordoors.com/Utility.html
    Last edited by FamilyLimo; April 24th, 2014 at 11:36 PM.

I had the same problem. I paid Tiffany Coach $732.30 to repair the motor. It seems like we did buy parts from Creative also to save money. $5,000 is outrageous!!!
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Blog Entries

If you can get a part number you can ask around or ebay or google the part number to see who has one. That is why the electric door is better.

I like the manual school bus style door. I've never heard of one of those going out in the middle of a trip. Unfortunately I only have it one a few buses.

We had the door on our Krystal not want to open. Made a click when you flip switch but nothing else. Shop said actuator was problem. They called Krystal 7200.00 They sprayed rust buster on it and soaked it over a two day period and it started working

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    We had the door on our Krystal not want to open. Made a click when you flip switch but nothing else. Shop said actuator was problem. They called Krystal 7200.00 They sprayed rust buster on it and soaked it over a two day period and it started working
    I am having a problem with my air door also. Some reason it will not close unless we disconnect the open and close line to let lines bleed internally on rotary air door "engine". Any time it's hooked up normal to switch and electronic controlled 3 way air switch it freaks out and won't close just bleeds air. I'm beyond aggravated and they are saying 3,000 for another module plus shipping. Anyone know of a better air door module or have you attempted to rebuild yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post