Thread: Anyone know how to remove the rear radio and how it connects to the Rosen DVD system

Default Anyone know how to remove the rear radio and how it connects to the Rosen DVD system

This is for a 2005 LTC Krystal. 120" stretch. Need to replace the radio. This limo has the electronic control panel in the back. You hit the TV button on the control panel in the back and the TVs come on. They then say Rosen on the screen. Once you turn on the DVD player and hit play the video output from the DVD goes to the 2 TVs. The sound doesnt come on until you turn on the radio.

Cant remember if you have to hit the AUX button on the radio to get the TV sound to come out or if it automatically starts coming out as soon as you begin playing the DVD.

If its the latter I'm thinking there is some lead coming off the DVD player, going into the radio, that tells the radio to expect a signal coming in on the AUX inputs and automatically turn them on.

If NOT then I can just hookup the audio outputs on the DVD player to the AUX inputs on the radio then just hit the AUX button on the radio to get the TV sound to come out of it.

So I guess when the radio gets pulled out I need to verify that the AUX inputs on there have some wires coming out and test them to make sure they are coming from the DVD. Still trying to figure out how to remove the radio though. If anyone has any tips that would be nice. It looks like there is some trim plate going around the radio that I can pull off. Maybe theres some screws under there...HELP lol...

There's a little tool that comes with radios when they're new that slips down each side of the radio and releases a clip so the radio can come out. If you have a local car audio store around they can probably help you out.

If its the latter I'm thinking there is some lead coming off the DVD player, going into the radio, that tells the radio to expect a signal coming in on the AUX inputs and automatically turn them on.
    Nope, no such thing as that. They do have head units that detect audio at the inputs and will only switch over if it is present. But you still have to do the switching.

IS your audio not working on AUX?

But yes any new head unit you get make sure it has Rear Input AUX in for the DVD system. Not all head units have them these days.

Or if you wanted you could get a head unit that plays DVD's and eliminate the rosen unit. Actually surprised to hear yours is still going they were not know for durability. Would require some rewiring though of the Video patch cords. Maybe to difficult with the headliner and such.

And LGAL is correct about the tools, look with your owners manuals they maybe in there. If not a small flathead screwdriver wedged in each side is usually enough to disengage the pins that hold it in place.

Here is a good video breaking it down: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rUM_bBA2-s

Steve Walker ppvsteve@gmail.com

Not all radios are designed the same as I found out with the Alpine in my Lotus. It's not locked in place like other radios.

Your best bet is to google the manual for your radio make and model (which should be printed on the outside). That will take out any guess work so you don't break something.

All,

It was easier than I thought. Had to buy a convertor to change the Red/White RCA male plugs coming from the DVD audio to a 1/4" single male plug (Like on a phone headset)

Then I connected that to the audio in on my radio. Just hit the AUX button on my new radio and the sound comes out fine. And thanks for the info about the Rosen DVD. No one ever uses it so when it finally gives up the ghost ill replace the radio with a DVD unit. But I dont think that will be anytime soon.

Thanks again for the tips! Good to see the site hasn't died all the way yet.