Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chrysler 300 limo dual alternator

Default chrysler 300 limo dual alternator

Can anyone give me a part number for a dula alternator on a chrysler 300 limo, built by aladdin coach, the only marking is a motorcraft stamp on the back. I have went to 3 parts stores some were helpfull in trying to match it to ones on the shelf others just said they could not help with out part a number. I took the alternator to the parts department at ford since it is stamped motorcraft and they were the least helpfull in finding a replacement, they did advise me to check with the chrysler dealer and also no luck they did not know you could put a dual alternator on a 3.5 v6 setup. I did find a rebuilder that said the shaft was bent inside but he could not get a new one, so if you have any ideas for me I would really appreciate it Thanks, Jason

Blog Entries

There should be a part number in the back.

try this http://limoparts.infiniteinnovations...ors/l3-1000-2?

There are no part numbers on it, all parts stores looked and aldo the dealer, thanks for the help.

I'd want to know how the alternator's shaft was bent?? That's not easy to do.

Why don't you contact Aladdin?
    Andrew Armitage
    Vintage Chauffeuring LLC
    Andrew@VintageChauffeuring.com
    www.VintageChauffeuring.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Limos View Post
    Why don't you contact Aladdin?

I recently had a shop replace all the carrier bearings and ujoints on the vehicle and the shop was having trouble matching them up with new ones, they contacted aladdin for those part numbers and told me they spoke to archie who had no clue about what was used on the build... and said he was out of business, and didnt know why his website was still up. So im guessing I would getnthe same response again.

I didn't know Aladdin was out of business. In that case, I'm sure they're of no help.

Are you able to get a good look at the bracket that the second alternator is mounted to? Seems like a lot of these set ups are sold in kits. If there's a Motorcraft part number on the bracket, that might give you a direction to look.
    Andrew Armitage
    Vintage Chauffeuring LLC

Blog Entries

The number could be hidden behind the volatage regulator.

The other option is to rebuild the alternator.

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

You need to find a good old electrical shop. They are hard to find nowadays. But we have a guy in town that will rebuild alternators and starters in house and has been for 30 years. You find a guy like that and you're golden. Good luck !!

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast View Post
    You need to find a good old electrical shop. They are hard to find nowadays. But we have a guy in town that will rebuild alternators and starters in house and has been for 30 years. You find a guy like that and you're golden. Good luck !!
    He already found a rebuilder. The problem is that the shaft is bent which makes it hard to rebuild when you can't get the part. How did the shaft get bent??

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyLimo View Post
    He already found a rebuilder. The problem is that the shaft is bent which makes it hard to rebuild when you can't get the part. How did the shaft get bent??
    Global warming.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Senior Member Elegant Limousines of Palm Coast's Avatar
    Palm Coast, Fl & Service Daytona, Ormond, Jacksonville, Orlando , St Augustine
    Blog Entries

The rebuilder should be able to tell him the application. Then just get a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyLimo View Post

Drop an email to Glen Cheaney in Witchita, Kansas. I trusted Glen to rebuild a rare starter for me out of my 1947 Packard and a generator out of my 1941 Cadillac. The guy is part of a dying breed of actual craftsmen that take pride in their work. There isn't much that he can't do when it comes to starters, generators, and alternators. He's a straight shooter and will tell you what he can and can't do and what he would do in your shoes. Just a great guy all around. I can dig around for his phone number if you need it, let me know.

Glen Cheaney - GCheaney@aol.com
    Andrew Armitage
    Vintage Chauffeuring LLC

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Go to any auto parts store and ask them if you can look through the computer for alternators starting on 1990 Lincoln Town Car and up. You'll find the right one - it looks familiar, but I can remember what year. The common year used for the secondary alternator is 1993 LTC, but that is not it (the 93 only has 2 mounting holes).
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com