Thread: New operator in the Houston Area - Affiliate Opportunities and Marketing (need advice

Blog Entries

Default New operator in the Houston Area - Affiliate Opportunities and Marketing (need advice

Hello all!

We are a new limo operator in the Houston area and we want all the information we can get from the talented group online.

We would appreciate your feedback on:

1. Affiliates/Partnership: We would like to work with experienced operators and partner to increase our clientele list. We offer 2011 Lexus Sedans and 2014 GMC truck.

2. Marketing: best way to get new clients. SEO, SEM, advertising? What works best for you?

3. Advice: Good advice is worth it weight in gold. Any feedback you can give us will be appreciated.

Thanks all!!!!!

Tina

Vantage Transportation
    Tel: 832-659-2340
    Fax: 1-877-649-0991
    Vantage Transportation
    www.vantagetransportation.com
    - Let us drive you!

Cool! We'll probably run across each other sometime. I am the most active not-for-hire limo in the Sugar Land area. We use the limo a lot.

Question, if you only offer Lexus cars and a GMC truck, why does your website show pictures under your "Fleet" tab (and all tabs) of a late model LTC stretch, an older model LTC stretch, some kind of vintage car, a late model LTC sedan, and a new BMW sedan?

That would be the first thing to fix in your marketing. Stock images are a little insulting, and it's confusing to the point of feeling like a bait and switch situation, which is not the kind of feeling you want to give with your marketing to potential new clients.

While you're at it, you should completely re-write this section of your website. It's incoherent and doesn't give any warm and fuzziness of being a professional organization:

"Vantage Transportation is a family owned business based in Sugar Land, Texas. We are in business to deliver quality livery/transportation service in the Houston area at the lowest price. Our name Vantage came about the background that our family already had in the transportation sector coupled with the experience we have as frequent travelers. After a long and most times boring flight, or attending an important meeting or other special occasions, we will be there to-and-fro to get you to your destinations in the most convenient, safe, luxurious and yet most affordable way.We utilize backend module to simplify the way you book your trips to the point when you get your receipt, signup now to take advantage of our first in kind customer loyalty program for frequent riders.Thank you for visiting Vantage Transportation."
    Last edited by FamilyLimo; April 6th, 2014 at 10:23 AM.

Blog Entries

Hi FamilyLimo,

Working on fixing the pics on the website good catch! Also working on the website wording, what pointers would you give on the rewrite?

Can we meet for lunch on of these days? My treat!!!!

Tina
    Vantage Transportation
    Vantage Transportation
    - Let us drive you!

Tina,

You really need to get someone that writes marketing for a living to give the best impression. I am not in the business, but I can offer a few pointers:

- It's not good to brag about being in Sugar Land if you are servicing the greater Houston area. Sugar Land is like some mystical far away land for anyone that lives in Houston, so they will be worried that you are driving a long way to get them and may not show up on time due to traffic.
    - Family owned is good for little stores, but you want to attract Big Oil that crushes little families on a daily basis while they exploit the earth's resources. So don't mention "family" either. Go with "independent" if you must.
    - Explaining the Vantage name really does nothing for me. Focus on what you are going to do for them and why you are better. Reliability and accessibility are the two most important for me from a business standpoint. If you are too small that you'll always be booked up, that's a problem.
    - You are giving off a lot of signals of competing mainly on price. Most people here would highly discourage that.
    - I seriously doubt you are the only ones that have a frequent rider discount. It causes credibility issues when you make unbelievable claims.

If you want to make a quick change to the website, do what most marketing people do anyway: Plagiarize. Go to other websites for the same service around the country to get ideas. Everyone does it, even in my industry of computer network security.

Great advice in this thread already. Your website looks great. Not many websites have adapted to a responsive design yet. One thing I don't like about the site is the header is gigantic and takes up the entire page before scrolling. I would limit your header to stop right under the menu tabs. It's repetative content and if you keep that part i would put it under the main content of that page. You want that stuff to show up without scrolling.

Blog Entries

Thanks, Brandon1
    Vantage Transportation
    Vantage Transportation
    - Let us drive you!

Hey Tina, welcome to the forum.

One thing I can offer you is this piece you wrote:

Affiliates/Partnership: We would like to work with experienced operators and partner to increase our clientele list.

I think I know what you meant but it comes across as: We want to work with other companies to gain your customers names to add to our database and grow our business.

That is not how it's done. When you work with affiliates and partners those clients are their clients not yours. Just because you are working with a Chicago based business and the people you are driving live in Houston does not mean they should call you directly for a ride.

Just wanted to say that in case you were not clear.

I get you want to build your list of Affiliates/Partners to increase your income but working with them will not increase your clientèle at all. Or at least it should not if you are ethical.
    Steve Walker ppvsteve@gmail.com