Thread: Front center seat

Default Front center seat

Why did Tiffany disable the front center seat on my limo? They used screws to lock the center console in the down position, and they removed the center seat belt.

My limo has the front passenger seat. So it's strange to me that they would go to the trouble to disable this feature. Was there some kind of regulation?

Is it disabled in your LTC limos?

I have removed the screws that held down the center console, and now it works fine. I am thinking about adding the missing seat belt in case I ever need that seat.
    Last edited by FamilyLimo; April 1st, 2014 at 06:37 PM.

Blog Entries

I believe you voided your QVM Certification.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Bob View Post
    I believe you voided your QVM Certification.
    Interesting requirement for QVM. One of those weird ones I guess.

Not too hard to go back. They were two common sheet rock screws holding it down under the plastic trim cover.

Probably to remove one possible seating position. i.e. a max of 8 passengers, 6 in back two up front. My Tiffany build had the same thing and as I made the center armrest movable again, I wondered, "who did this and why?" Now that you said the same thing about your limo, this is my guess.

My Tiffany also doesn't have a front passenger seat. So the sticker says 9 max in back, and 1 up front. Max of 10.

Chalk another one up to the lawyers and our ridiculous legal system.
    Andrew Armitage
    Vintage Chauffeuring LLC
    Andrew@VintageChauffeuring.com
    www.VintageChauffeuring.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Limos View Post
    Probably to remove one possible seating position. i.e. a max of 8 passengers, 6 in back two up front. My Tiffany build had the same thing and as I made the center armrest movable again, I wondered, "who did this and why?" Now that you said the same thing about your limo, this is my guess.

My Tiffany also doesn't have a front passenger seat. So the sticker says 9 max in back, and 1 up front. Max of 10.

Chalk another one up to the lawyers and our ridiculous legal system.
    I agree. I am glad they didn't do something more permanent to disable the center console. Even if you don't use the center seat for sitting, there are times when it's nice to be able to lift the console.

To make sure you don't put three people up there. Weight concerns.
    Not a safety issue if all you ever have up front is one driver. Don't put people other than the driver in front when you have a full load in the rear.

And a limo operator is not the one who has to worry about QVM certification, the builder does.
    It is not a warranty or a protection against a lawsuit.

As Ford states in their own documentation: "The QVM program is intended to concentrate on the process of design, manufacturing and quality controls and is not intended to, nor will Ford, endorse any vehicle produced."
    Last edited by TxLimoGuy; April 2nd, 2014 at 08:40 AM.
    Tony Franzetti
    Marriton Limousine, Austin, TX
    Austin Limousine service, Austin airport service, austin bus charters
    http://www.marritonlimo.com

Is it just a matter of total weight or weight distribution?

As my main use case is that of a family minivan, I often take light weight kids that weigh half of an adult and don't have any luggage, so I could fit more people using the center seat without going over the weight limit and not having anyone without a seat belt.

And also there are times when we may want to give privacy to the few in the back to enhance their experience, so we would have 3 upfront and maybe 3-4 in the back.
    Last edited by FamilyLimo; April 2nd, 2014 at 11:12 AM.

Just ordered a new center seat belt from Tasca. Couldn't see any used ones in black. Most everything on eBay is for light colored interiors. It was about $60 for both ends.

Family I know on some Krystals they kind of raised the center part to allow for wiring harnesses and Refrigerant lines to run under the carpet there. Maybe make sure there is nothing under the carpet there before you seat anyone there that may put chaffing weight on any A/C Lines or wires.
    Steve Walker ppvsteve@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W. View Post
    Family I know on some Krystals they kind of raised the center part to allow for wiring harnesses and Refrigerant lines to run under the carpet there. Maybe make sure there is nothing under the carpet there before you seat anyone there that may put chaffing weight on any A/C Lines or wires.
    Thanks for the heads up, Steve. I have had both front seats out of the car for cleaning and running new power wires for the new amp, and all those extra lines are running from the right side of the firewall, underneath the passenger seat, and into the partition area. The center is clear.