Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chrysler 300C stretch unpopular?

As seen from europe, it seems there is very few 300C stretch in USA, why are they so unpopular?

Actually, they are quite popular in the United States. Many many carriers in my area, the Northeast, use them.

Banned

The 300C is also very popular in our area. Many companies don't have them because of the fear of recent problems with these limos. Not to mention that Chysler says NO! NO! to stretch.

Well, we have 3 of them and I know a whole bunch of other companies in NYC and around that have them. There are more popular than Lincolns but there isnt as many of them as lincolns.

I prefer lincoln over chrysler anytime.
    First 15K miles on every chrysler and stabilizer links are gone. 25K miles you have to change bolt joints. What a crap car - but hey - They make 2x as much money as a lincoln would. You cant go wrong with it even if you have to change those bold joints.
    --------------------------------

Blog Entries

Not to mention the a/c compressor going out.

I don't own any 300Cs, but I rented one (unstretched) in Las vegas and it was not getting cold at all. Took the car back, the guy told me they have seen a few with compressors going out. This one had only 6000K Miles.

Anyway they upgraded me to the good old faithful Lincoln Towncar.

Or how about 2 blown tires already on a brand new Chrysler with 5000 miles. Goodyear is garbage. I just replaced one chrysler with Conti-s and the other with Bridgestone.

AC is OK. In one chrysler - rear ac blower sucks - (coachbuilders fault)

Originally posted by Greenpala:
    Well, we have 3 of them and I know a whole bunch of other companies in NYC and around that have them. There are more popular than Lincolns but there isnt as many of them as lincolns.

I prefer lincoln over chrysler anytime.
    First 15K miles on every chrysler and stabilizer links are gone. 25K miles you have to change bolt joints. What a crap car - but hey - They make 2x as much money as a lincoln would. You cant go wrong with it even if you have to change those bold joints.
    Give me the monthly gross figures of your Chryslers and lets see how they stack up.

Senior Member Limo Padawan

I've always liked the exterior look on the Chryslers, but on the inside they seem so narrow. More like a fuselage than a limousine.
    Jim Martin
    Night Out Limousine
    Hollister, CA

Originally posted by Wade Randolph:
    Give me the monthly gross figures of your Chryslers and lets see how they stack up.
    Well, weddings sell for about $550-$600 + 20% (3hrs). Night on town is around $100/hr + 20%

Gross income monthly is on average about $12,000

Originally posted by NightOut:
    I've always liked the exterior look on the Chryslers, but on the inside they seem so narrow. More like a fuselage than a limousine.
    Well, it may appear that way from the outside or in a short sedan. In a stretch they are ass roomy as lincolns. If you look at our 'Galaxy Edition' Chrysler 300 limousine
    if you look deep into the pictures, you will see that seats are all the way to the window and posts are wrapped around the seats. That little mod makes the car look even bigger than a lincoln.

Its all up to who is building your car. Different coachbuilders build cars more or less spacious. Our cars are huge inside. All of them. But that is what we ordered.

Right now we build cars with TopLimo NY Inc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wade Randolph:
    Well, weddings sell for about $550-$600 + 20% (3hrs). Night on town is around $100/hr + 20%

Gross income monthly is on average about $12,000 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our Lincolns do that here without all the problems of the Chryslers. And great QVM warranties.

Originally posted by Wade Randolph:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Greenpala:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wade Randolph:

Gross income monthly is on average about $12,000 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our Lincolns do that here without all the problems of the Chryslers. And great QVM warranties. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here we go again, the debate on which one is better Lincoln or Chrysler. To each his own- Me personally the only way I would own a Lincoln stretch.......if it was free. 8pax, outdated, overpriced and low hourly rates. Chrysler 300 10pax (in rear), Better curb appeal, better on fuel, well over $110.00 per hour base rate, costs less than Lincoln, as far as QVM flip it before it becomes a problem.

In a stretch they are ass roomy as lincolns.
    What about the rest of the body?? LOL, sorry couldn't help it. I'm running 36 hours no sleep and reading that cracked me up. Thank you!

-Greg
    This space intentionally left blank.

Just take the base cars to start.

Lincoln towncar $45,000
    v8 with 239 horsepower
    4 speed tranny
    18mpg / 25 city

Chrysler 300 touring $25,000
    v6 with more horsepower 250 hp
    5 speed tranny
    19mpg city, 27 highway

So lets see, 20 thousand dollars less, more horsepower, more gears, better fuel economy, and they rent out for more money per hour, and there is less competition compared to millions of towncars on the road from the last 15 years.
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities in between - over 15,000+ customers and counting!

Originally posted by First Class Limos:
    Just take the base cars to start.

Lincoln towncar $45,000
    v8 with 239 horsepower
    4 speed tranny
    18mpg / 25 city

Chrysler 300 touring $25,000
    v6 with more horsepower 250 hp
    5 speed tranny
    19mpg city, 27 highway

So lets see, 20 thousand dollars less, more horsepower, more gears, better fuel economy, and they rent out for more money per hour, and there is less competition compared to millions of towncars on the road from the last 15 years.
    I know I keep harping on this but, here goes again...

Lincoln Town Car, 1.5 Million Insurance= 5K to 7K a year in my area.

Chrysler 300, 1.5 Million Insurance= (best quote I got) 15K a year.

The insurance premiums over a three year period wipe out any savings on acquisition costs.

I own a 2006 Chrysler 300, and it has been a pain in the butt, in the shop as much as on the road. No major repairs, but lots of annoying little things go wrong. The best was the electric problem that caused the right rear passenger to receive an electric shock if they touched any metal on the door.

That one is my wife’s personal car now, and will never be in my fleet. Mark one off to newbie inexperience and bad judgment.

Also, I would like to se the figures on torque ratings between the two cars. Horsepower is one thing, but under load, torque is what gets you moving.